The Senior Architectural Designer exhibits a strong ability and proficiency in conceptual design, schematic design, design presentation, and construction documentation. The Senior Architectural Designer is enthusiastic about architecture, takes lead on refining office design standards and aspires to become a Project Director. The Senior architectural designer has excellent verbal communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
The Senior architectural designer must be exceptionally organized and capable of managing workflows in anticipation of future deliverables. They must be able to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within the project team and with the consultant team. The Senior architectural designer will assist in performing specified project management tasks and will assume project management responsibilities during the Project Directors absence.
This is a full time 100% in office position.
Responsibilities as Senior Architectural Designer;
- Maintain teams ability to adhere to daily and weekly project goals
- Ensure that all deliverables meet deadlines and quality expectations in Project Director’s absence
- Attend client and consultant meetings and prepare and distribute meeting minutes
- Assist in preparing meeting agendas and daily agendas to team as delegated by the Project Manager
- Complete admin tasks as delegated by Project Manager including but not limited to site planning, research, development, code or zoning, product research etc.
- Coordinate consultant teams and assure timely delivery of expected consultant submissions
- Maintain and assure a well organized folder structure on the project server
- Help refine and assure Drummond Projects policies are applied accurately by team
- Display excellent written and verbal communication with the client
- Lead the project team in organization and production of design and documentation through all phases
- Lead the project team in research and selection of exterior and interior systems, finishes, and components to meet aesthetic, budget, code and performance requirements of the project.
- Closely collaborate with the Technical Director and Principal to translate complex designs into clear and concise drawings
- Have a practical knowledge and demonstrated interest of materials, detailing, construction techniques and codes.
- Regular communication and coordination with consultants
- Coordinate design and construction phase activities like frequent site visits, vendor visits, and client meetings
Requirements as Senior Architectural Designer
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, design, or similar
- A masters degree in architecture or design is preferable
- Willingness to work overtime as required to meet deadlines
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize daily tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Comfortable working on a multitude of projects per day
- Ability to turnover projects quickly without loss in quality
- Brilliant interpersonal and networking skills
- Detail-oriented and highly analytical
- Comfortable using adobe creative suite
- Proficiency in the following software’s Revit, Rhino, and Enscape
- In-depth understanding of BIM,CAD and Revit software’s
- Deadline-driven and dedicated to excellence and teamwork
Please submit a one-page CV, resume and updated portfolio no larger than 10 MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and full name in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our team.