This design position in ARTECHOUSE’s unique interdisciplinary studio team requires an exceptional conceptual spatial mind working across the intersection of architecture, interior, exhibition, and public art design, visually articulating cutting-edge exhibits and new physical spaces working closely with the Creative Director(s). Putting ideas into tangible 3D visualizations that are beautiful yet practical representations, the position will collaborate with the senior producers to deliver assets needed for business development, marketing, and communication needs. This role is vital in visually communicating the visions of ARTECHOUSE’s current and upcoming projects.
In addition to the primary responsibilities, this role will be a part of a larger ARTECHOUSE team working together to promote ARTECHOUSE locally and internationally.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a master craftsperson with a track record of creating beautifully designed boundary-pushing spatial work that starts from render to physical spaces. You have the expertise in spatial design and are able to ideate and iterate quickly. You are a curious listener who enjoys visualizing new ideas with a keen eye for detail, space, user experience, flow, and the right aesthetics. You thrive in solving new challenges outside your comfort zone and adapting to interdisciplinary needs.
ARTECHOUSE Studio is an interdisciplinary team of designers, developers, engineers, architects, producers, and storytellers who work together to turn ideas and concepts into cutting-edge, technology-driven experiences.
- Lead the visual development for conceptual spatial design and multi-sensory immersive exhibits that integrates technology. The technical director will collaborate on the technology integration.
- Create spatial simulation and architectural visualization for case studies (Interior and exterior scenes) for new space developments and projects.
- Prepare and organize information regarding the spatial design, structure specifications, and materials in collaboration with the architectural technologist.
- Produce 3D renderings working with location CADs to build architectural concepts.
- Produce presentation drawings to illustrate concepts in development for visual communication for the team to move production concepts along.
- Work on simulating conceptual design – visualizing concepts using 3D software.
- Drawing rough and/or detailed architectural and structural drawings based on concepts, engineering calculations, spec sheets, and other data provided or necessary for the project in collaboration with the architectural technologist.
- Visit project sites to compile necessary data for design and drawings.
- Compile deck for external presentation and speak on behalf of the team/company.
- Stay informed with the newest industry developments, building codes, by-laws, space, and site requirements.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
- Bachelor/Master in Architecture
- 5+ years of professional work experience, such as in Architectural Illustration or Architect in immersive architecture
- Masterful 3D Illustration and sketch work
- Highly proficient in Autodesk and Rhino3D software
- High Proficiency in CAD
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Prior experience in production, scenic, and immersive experience design is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of architectural design, structural analysis, and familiarity with building codes
- Designs with an edge but with practicality and execution-ability in mind
- Mathematical aptitude and high attention to detail
- Strong organizational time and project management skills
- Great analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Professional portfolio required for consideration
$80-90k base salary. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience and location.
WHO WE ARE
We are a small team with big ambitions. We create, produce, and showcase innovative immersive experiences and exhibitions and operate physical locations in Washington, D.C., New York City, and Miami Beach. We pride ourselves in pushing creative innovation, working with some of the world’s best digital artists, and bringing to life experiential and immersive large-scale installations and exhibitions to a global audience.
Learn more about our core values – https://www.artechouse.com/values
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Creative and passionate co-workers
Diversity, inclusivity, and hard work. We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For consideration, please apply with your CV and Portfolio to
Preference for candidates to be based on the East Coast. Please note we will only respond to candidates selected for further consideration.