Morphosis Architects, an international architecture and design firm, is seeking a Shop Fabricator to fill an immediately available position in its Culver City, California office. The position involves working closely with the shop team to fabricate large scale, presentation quality models and hardwood furniture. This position is not remote and requires daily reporting to a Senior Associate in the Culver City office.
Ideal candidates will:
- Possess a professional degree in architecture
- Have an interest in building high-quality architectural models and hardwood furniture
- Have experience programming and operating digital fabrication equipment such as CNC routers, Industrial Robots, and 3D Printers
- Work as a team-player with a no-nonsense hands-on approach
- Have an interest in team building and mentoring
- Have a working knowledge of materials, fabrication methods, and techniques
- Be organized, motivated, and detail oriented
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Prepare detailed 3D models for fabrication using Rhino and RhinoCAM
- Fabricate large physical presentation models and hardwood furniture
- Safely use and maintain digital and analog fabrication equipment, including 3D printers, CNC router, laser cutter, MIG/TIG welders, saws, and other shop tools.
- Create shop drawings, cutsheets, material estimates
- Maintain shop safety and cleanliness protocol
Please submit a single PDF of your completed application including cover letter, CV, references, and work samples to: email@example.com
Subject line of e-mail should read ‘Shop Fabricator First Name Last Name’. Information from candidates that do not meet the criteria above will not be reviewed. We may not respond to all submissions. No phone calls or office visits.