Workshop/APD is an award-winning, multidisciplinary architecture and design firm. From dramatic penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance users experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of creative architects, interior designers, product designers and graphic designers leverage vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in holistic spaces, products and experiences that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.
The Senior Technical Architect leads the development, education, and implementation of firmwide architectural standards. This individual works closely with architectural project teams throughout the design process to ensure technical quality and firm standards are consistently achieved across various project types. With support of senior project managers and architects, the Senior Technical Architect will lead the development of firmwide architectural project delivery standards.
Additional responsibilities include assisting BIM management and team leadership with the creation of standardized technical content, templates and details that are usable across multiple project types.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain architectural details and project delivery support documents for firm wide use.
- Meet with project teams throughout the design process to review, coordinate, and streamline project deliverables.
- Coordinate with studio directors and project managers to understand and develop project specific goals.
- Perform technical and code review of construction documents prior to issuance of drawings for contractor pricing and building department permitting.
- Develop and implement a firm wide strategic outline for project delivery and drawing review.
- Lead educational efforts to train architectural staff about building systems and coordination, building science, and code requirements.
- Accountable for project quality process in collaboration with office leadership.
- Consistently strive to improve technical quality of work product by keeping abreast of new technologies, changes in building codes, and advances in the industry.
- Collaborate with Principals and office leadership on project specific challenges, complexities, and risk management.
- Actively take ownership of project delivery issues and be willing to work towards successful resolutions on projects in consultation with the team leadership.
- Willingness to research and consult on technology and methodologies to create innovative approaches to building design and documentation.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-disciplined environment to produce integrated project documents, integrated design approaches, and solutions.
- Professional Degree in Architecture. Registration preferred but not required.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience managing interdisciplinary projects. Knowledge of various construction systems including commercial and single-family residential.
- Knowledge of relevant technology, changes and trends and the motivation to continually grow the knowledge of leadership and staff.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and train younger staff across multiple disciplines.
- Experience with managing and collaborating in a team environment.
- Ability to draft and detail in AutoCad or Revit. Knowledge of Revit preferred, but not required.
- Ability to collaborate with team members using PDF mark-up tools. Knowledge of Bluebeam preferred, but not required.
Workshop/APD offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, profit sharing 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, commuter benefits, IDP mentorship and ARE/AXP reimbursement, discretionary bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days). Salary is commensurate with experience and available upon request.
To Apply: Please send your resume and other application materials to here. We do not accept phone calls and/or office visits.