Doing Good with Great Design
GGA+ is an ideas and research-based, human-centered practice, with a mission of creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive urban environments. We believe in holistic design that is deeply rooted in community. Our studio culture supports every individual and values curiosity, humor, and life balance as much as rigor and expertise. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, flexible work schedules, and work-from-home options, GGA+ offers a dynamic, collaborative design culture that encourages personal growth and learning through an informal, collegial, safe environment that fosters inclusivity, encourages risk taking, and, above all else, thinking BIG!
- Design. This is a Principal track position. The ideal candidate holds a strong background and has deep expertise in planning, design and implementation of Educational(K-14) projects.
- Promotes and contributes to regular and collaborative project design charrettes and discussions.
- Project Management. Manages large, complex projects and coordinates all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure efficient and effective execution. Develops scope of work and establishes project fee budget and schedule. Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs, project communications and documentation, and project team assignments. Monitors project progress and staffing resources and is responsible for project profitability. Leads internal and external design, coordination, and strategy meetings. Serves as primary liaison with clients to complete projects with maximum client satisfaction. Oversees project team adherence to firmwide project delivery processes and standards. May be assigned certain Senior Project Architect responsibilities.
- Sector Team Leadership. Promotes effective team communication and skillfully works alongside internal and external collaborators. Fosters mutually professional working relationships within project teams, as a leader who is a champion for others and who builds trust through empathetic listening and technical and design mentorship. Leads on the development of project delivery strategic plans.
- Quality Control and Technical Leadership. Ensures project documentation meets GGA firm-wide and specific Client standards, as well as code and agency compliance. Serves as firm-wide resource for solving complex technical and management issues.
- Marketing and Business Development. Actively seeks out business development opportunities. Participates in marketing interviews. Develops strategy, provides input and leads in the development of marketing proposals. Participates in the negotiation and preparation of client and consultant proposals and contracts. Nurtures and actively promotes relationship with client management and staff team. Represents firm and is actively involved in industry and professional events.
- Firm Culture Advocate. Promotes GGA+ mission and values of curiosity, inclusion, social responsibility, and collaborative design. Is engaging, fun to work with, and wants to have a meaningful impact
- Professional licensure in California required – Minimum 15 years of related professional experience required
- Compensation is commensurate with experience. Annual salary ranges from $125,000 to $150,000
Email inquiries to email@example.com