SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies, and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities, and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
The San Francisco office of SmithGroup is looking for a Senior Project Architect to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Serve as an office-wide resource providing guidance on unusual or complex issues.
- Provide technical leadership on office’s largest design commissions, while concurrently overseeing and providing guidance on multiple small to medium-scale projects.
- Conduct quality control review and enforce guidelines.
- Direct team members and others in the application of architectural standards and guidelines.
- Work closely with design architects, technical architects and owners in development of documentation as well as construction administration follow through.
- Mentor junior staff and participate in performance coaching.
- Participate in the recruitment and interviewing process as requested.
An ideal candidate has:
- Has experience leading healthcare projects of mid- to large-scale.
- Experience with highly technical ambulatory environments, including OSHPD-3 and mixed-occupancy requirements.
- Understanding of technical high-rise construction on constrained sites.
- Has experience in Big Room environments and integrated design projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience as a technical architect, leading and working with medium to large- -sized projects.
- LEED AP preferred. Architectural Registration required.
- Strong technical competence and proven experience in schematic design through construction documents.
- Demonstrated understanding of code implementation, jurisdiction review, construction practices and methodologies.
- Experience leading other architects and project groups.
- Proficiency with and experience using current design software including Revit and SketchUp.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication and organizational skills, facilitating the development of trusted relationships with clients and staff.
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.