Cook Architecture is nationally-renowned for its expertise in conceiving new and reimagining existing spaces, giving rise to distinctive modern buildings. Our creative efforts have won numerous awards from the American Institute of Architects and other institutions at the local, state, and national levels. We focus primarily on modern and midcentury modern residential projects, often with an emphasis on historic preservation, as well as some mixed-use and commercial buildings. Learn more about our practice at www.cookarchitecture.com.
We are currently interviewing for a Senior Project Architect.
Cook Architecture’s creative process is informed by a deep appreciation of place, art, and culture. Therefore, our ideal candidate has a solid design sensibility and a comprehensive understanding of the history, theory, and practice of modern architecture and design.
We are seeking a super resourceful and positive individual who is highly skilled and motivated at detailing and producing construction documents as well as managing projects individually.
Candidates also need excellent organizational skills, resourcefulness, adaptability, and a willingness to learn our firm’s proven design methods and unique style.
- 5-year degree or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited school
- Architectural licensure preferred; candidates on the licensure track will also be considered
- 7+ years of office experience in an architectural firm; only candidates with 7+ years of experience will be considered
- Proficient in AutoCAD; seeking candidates with advanced training, specifically recognizing the best tool for the task, the best way to use that tool, and how to create new tools to accomplish tasks more efficiently
- Experience working on CDs, detailing buildings, conducting site visits, and project management
- Demonstrated technical competence in architecture
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working technical knowledge of modern residential construction methods, materials, and systems
- Understanding and appreciation of modern and midcentury modern design in residential architecture
- Ability to communicate with our clients clearly, professionally, and positively
- Open and willing to learn our firm’s proven design methods and unique style
- Salary based on qualifications and experience ($68,000/year – $84,000/year based on experience and expertise)
- 8 paid holidays
- 5 paid vacation days, 10 paid vacation days after first year
- 4 paid sick days
- Unique opportunities for on-the-job education and training in other areas such as construction administration, business development, sales, midcentury furnishings, contemporary art, and interior design—all in our “wheelhouse.”
- Casual studio space in an inspiring modern office
Please email cover letter, CV, and samples of work to email@example.com. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position. We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors. Cook Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce.