Senior Project Architect
Jack L. Gordon Architects (JLGA), an award-winning, full-service architecture firm located in midtown Manhattan, seeks a talented senior architect with 10+ years of experience.
As we celebrate the 50th year of JLGA’s founding, we’re proud to have fostered for decades a creative environment steeped as much in experience as in an open, forward-looking approach to design and project management. Our firm culture encourages open communication, critique, collaboration, and inclusiveness. We offer opportunities for our staff to grow, learn, and take on increasing responsibility in their respective roles, and place a premium on nurturing a collegial and dynamic workplace.
Candidate Experience, Skills, and Qualities
The successful candidate for this position can demonstrate strong design and detailing skills as well as progressive growth as a creative leader and project manager.
Additional key skills required for the position include:
- Strong internal and client-facing communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of architects and multi-disciplinary consultants through all phases of a project
- Capacity to deliver on JLGA’s commitment to offer a responsive and collaborative design process to our clients
- Knowledge and initiative to lead the design team to produce quality design and maintain the highest standards for documentation
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe CC a plus.
We’re looking for a highly capable individual who can offer our team solid skills, fresh ideas, and a passion for design that matches our own. If you’re creative, organized, positive, and able to think on your feet, we welcome your application.
JLGA offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package that includes health insurance, 401k, pre-tax commuter expense program, and paid vacation.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
JLGA is an equal opportunity workplace.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format to resumes2023(at)jlgordon.com