1100 Architect, an internationally-recognized and award-winning practice, provides architectural design, programming, space analysis, interior design, and master planning services to public and private clients. 1100’s domestic and international work spans a vast array of typologies, including educational and arts institutions, libraries, offices, residences and civic facilities.
The Senior Project Architect will function as a member of the leadership team and be responsible for leading the technical development of architectural systems and details for multiple projects and will work closely with project design teams to maintain the highest level of quality control. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, demanding professional environment, is detail-oriented, highly organized, possesses superior technical skills.
- Responsible for components of project development in the following phases: Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents
- Assist in the preparation of construction documents, bidding documents, and permit documents
- Assist in supervising project document control tasks across all projects and maintain quality control of such tasks
- Perform code review and work with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Minimum 12 years’ total experience in document production and detailing for medium to large-scale building and interiors projects;
- Extensive knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes, LEED requirements, and construction technologies;
- Government or university project experience a plus;
- Revit proficiency a plus;
- Superior leadership skills with an emphasis on employee training and coaching;
- Experience in project communications;
- Ability to confidently, clearly, and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
To apply, please submit:
A cover letter stating relevant experience and skills; and a resume or CV that clearly documents the required qualifications;
Work samples, in PDF format, with descriptions of applicant’s role and job duties for each project.
Please reference “SPA23” in the email subject line and send your submission to email@example.com.