The Senior Project Architect will provide design leadership. This role will be a resource for mentoring and developing staff through project work. Successful candidates will be able to manage the design deliverables for multiple projects at a time, coordinating with external consultants as well as the internal production team, and make sound technical decisions for building design and construction.
- Lead projects in building, life safety, accessibility codes, and sector guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of a project with expertise on projects of various scales and technical complexities.
- Assist with proposal development and estimating fees and scope of services with the Partner-In-Charge.
- Prepare work plans with the Partner-In-Charge, communicate plan to project team and verify progress.
- Regularly manage client budgets, scope, and schedule expectations.
- Track project financial performance indicators through Mosaic including the monitoring of design fees.
- Attend client meetings and regularly interface with clients and consultants.
- Coordinate with Project Architect(s) on a regular basis to ensure projects are executed according to clients’ goals and expectations.
- Collaborate and contribute to construction document production as needed, which requires strong experience with Revit.
- Serve as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion.
- Advocate for teamwork, superior client service and design excellence and encourages team members and consultants to keep these as a priority throughout the duration of a project.
- Execute quality control assurance in the project plan and ensures measures for quality control are included within the project fee.
- Research new and different interior and exterior building materials.
- Demonstrate experience with complex building types in both new construction and renovation projects.
- Exhibit technical proficiency and experience in detailing and specification writing, and act as a resource to others.
- Exhibit technical proficiency in building science and envelope design and detailing, and act as a resource to others.
- Project management experience with clients in a variety of sectors.
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- An eagerness to learn and the motivation to self-educate.
- An ability to read consultant’s documents and provide feedback for coordination.
- A solid ability to produce a set of construction documents, including life safety sheets, typical and specific details, plans, reflected ceiling plans., interior and exterior elevations, sections, and schedules.
- An understanding of typical interior and exterior building materials, with respect to comparative costs; key performance and installation concerns; contributions to sustainable design goals; and other crucial features.
- Accepts responsibility for project commitments like milestone deadlines and expected deliverables.
- The ability to write architectural specifications and to coordinate these with the drawings.
- Professional architectural license preferred but not required
- A commitment to pursuing continuing education requirements to maintain your professional license.
- 10+ years’ experience in an architectural office
- 2+ years’ experience managing projects
- An interest or expertise in sustainable design is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to plan and organize a project as well as track progress and redirect resources as needed.
- Ability to evaluate and guide the work of others on the team, as well as educate.
- Strong presentation skills, both in the development of a visual presentation, as well as the ability to verbally present well.
- Excellent client service and relationship skills
- Proficient in Revit. Enscape experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Microsoft Projects is a plus
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Architecture
- Project related 1-4 times a year; local travel within the Southern Region.
JacobsWyper will not be accepting outside recruitment assistance on this position including from agencies with a written agreement in place. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits a resume to JacobsWyper does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of JacobsWyper. JacobsWyper will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity.