FORMATION ASSOCIATION PRACTICES ARCHITECTURE AS AN EXPANSIVE CULTURAL PROJECT.
A growing and award-winning firm based in Los Angeles, Formation Association’s diverse projects range from institutional and commercial commissions to residential projects and industrial design.
Our exceptional, culturally focused clients include: CalArts, Phillips auction house, Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, and Fuller Theological Seminary.
Formation Association is currently interviewing for a Senior Project Architect in Los Angeles with 10 years experience demonstrating PA/Design emphasis. Our ideal candidate will mobilize the design and execution of multiple projects creatively and technically across all project phases, from conceptualization to construction administration and participate in improving operational practices with our collaborative office. We are digitally native hybrid office and pretty much live in Enscape these days.
- Professional Architecture Degree Completed, BA/MA
- Licensed Architect or Licensure in progress in State of CA
- Knowledge of codes and approval procedures
- Strong construction detailing skill sets
- Strong construction administration experience
- Demonstrates ability to mobilize and lead teams
- Extensive professional Revit experience a must
- Awareness of Enscape, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suites workflows
- Experience in cultural, and institutional projects a plus
- Background in fine arts a super duper plus
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA
- Manage process and productivity on assigned projects
- Deepen client contact and communications
- Interpolate new ideas from range of firm’s portfolio.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary consultants.
- Able to produce commentary and analysis on contemporary art and architecture.
- Culturally insightful
- Operationally oriented
- Productive in both solitary and collaborative situations
- Articulate verbal, written and graphic capabilities
- Compatibility with both remote and hybrid work environments
- Able to self-organize, navigate ambiguity, and improvise in a dynamic work environment
- Super good energy
Formation Association is an evolving and creative hybrid office responding to the cultural landscape around us. We’ve typically found that more experienced architects may possess the technical capabilities, but not the cultural perspective to fully understand our process or projects. If you detect that you possess both, please do reach out to us by applying.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing a statement of interest and CV to the following email address. Please send work samples via URL links as necessary.
No phone calls please – Only selected candidates will be contacted for in-person interviews. Thank you for your understanding.
Formation Association is an equal opportunity employer, aspiring to build an intersectional and diverse team.
If you’ve read this far, for further context, also see instagram account for some of our latest in-progress work: