Workshop/APD is an award-winning, multidisciplinary architecture and design firm. From dramatic penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance users experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of creative architects, interior designers, product designers and graphic designers leverage vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in holistic spaces, products and experiences that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.
- Managing private label and licensing projects from concept development to production of furniture, lighting, plumbing fixtures, hardware, rugs, wall coverings, and other interior and architectural features.
- Identifying opportunities to create new products for Workshop Collections as well as collaborating with other licensing partners.
- Maintaining industry knowledge and trends in furniture, materials, lighting, and interior design.
- Providing design directions through inspiration images and concept boards.
- Creating unique concepts through sketches, 3D models, and renderings.
- Developing concepts into viable products utilizing knowledge of structure, material, and manufacturing process.
- Providing fabrication drawings and managing prototyping process to bring designs to realization.
- Overseeing manufacturers and workrooms.
- Providing an accurate development schedule and working within set project time constraints.
- Generating materials and labor cost estimates for products.
- Coordinating with manufacturers to track product status, drawing approvals and production goals.
- Reviewing manufacturer shop drawings, comment, and approve as required.
- Partnering with interior designers to create custom pieces that fit within project concept/aesthetic.
- Collaborating with marketing team to promote product designs through website, magazine coverage, and award applications.
- B.A, in Industrial Design, Product Design or a related field
- At least 2 years (48 months) of experience in Product Design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
Workshop/APD offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, profit sharing 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, commuter benefits, IDP mentorship and ARE/AXP reimbursement, discretionary bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days). Salary is commensurate with experience and available upon request.
Apply through this link
We do not accept phone calls and/or office visits. For any assistance, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.