Excellent opportunities to join Award winning, highly collaborative, team oriented, creatively driven international architectural lighting design firm looking for a full time Senior Lighting Designers with relevant work experience in Architectural Lighting Design.
Candidate should be a professional who is exceptionally well organized, resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and detail-oriented with very good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Qualifications: The role of Senior Lighting Designer requires special knowledge and skills, typically acquired through direct work experience.
- Minimum 5 years work experience with an understanding in lighting design across architectural, interior and landscape design projects.
- Ability to direct and lead staff and crew in lighting projects
- Experience with physical model making
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Developed skills in 3D modeling software (Revit/Rhino)
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, MS Office, Google Suite and other Management Software Programs (including timesheet management)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and superb ability to multi-task.
- Strong sensibility and appreciation for design communication
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
Responsibilities: Lighting Designer duties and responsibilities at L’Observatoire shall include:
- Completing all phases of project lighting design, starting from the original conception to final phases
- Directing and reviewing the work of Junior Lighting Designers and Lighting Interns
- Provide lighting design solutions appropriate to client brief, budget and relevant standards.
- Attend client and design team meetings, sometimes involving national and/or international travel.
- Prepare presentations to clients
- Develop lighting design solutions (i.e. engineering exercise) – lighting calculations, research of fixture alternatives, review of fixture samples, construction of temporary mockups
- Oversee the documentation of the lighting design via CAD layouts, lighting details, light fixture schedules, lighting control specifications
- Plan and execute lighting mockups as needed throughout the project
- Review cost estimates of project lighting specifications and adjust lighting design to meet owner’s budget.
- Review construction progress of lighting installation at project site and issue field reports to design team.
- Supervise final aiming of light fixtures and lighting controls programming.
We are a New York City-based lighting design office, with additional offices in Europe, in business for 30 years, collaborating with prominent architectural and interior design firms world-wide.
Please visit L’Observatoire’s website www.lobsintl.com for a review of our portfolio, our team, new projects in development and awards!
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent Benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision/STD
- 401K Plan
- Generous PTO including Vacation, Sick, Personal Days
- Education Days
- Company/Team Events
- Excellent Growth Opportunities
- L’Observatoire International encourages international and out of state candidates to apply! Visa sponsorships available for qualified applicants.
We pride ourselves on being a diverse, international company with employees from around the globe!
L’Observatoire does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. L’Observatoire encourages applications from minorities, women, and all other qualified applicant
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No telephone calls please!