RD Jones & Associates is an award winning, fast-paced interior design and architecture firm with an extensive portfolio of luxury multi-family and boutique hotels. We are hoping to grow our DC office and add to our dynamic creative team. We seek a talented, licensed, Senior Architect and Project Manager (“Senior Architect”) to work closely with the Principals, Project Architects, and Interior Designers to help develop exciting new-build multi-family and hospitality projects!
As Senior Architect, you (alongside the Creative Director) will conceptualize the project as a whole, set the initial design direction and make critical aesthetic decisions throughout the project. You will ensure that each project follows an organized and detailed process and oversee your team throughout each phase. You will demonstrate strong project skills, control over deliverables, budgets, timelines and resource requirements across all projects assigned to you. You will work with creative leads to effectively and accurately manage client work. You will coordinate with the project team, made up of architectural designers, interior designers, and outside consultants. You will contribute to bringing in new business, work on project proposals and nurture client relationships. This role varies depending on the type of project and scope of work and requires patience, empathy and the ability to clearly convey complex issues to team members and clients.
Qualified Candidates Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year Architectural program or equivalent (required)
- 8+ years of project experience overall and project management experience in hospitality, multi-family design or senior living
- An architecture license in at least one state
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to demonstrate specific leadership experience
- Assist with the creation of the design narrative and graphics for concept presentation
- Work in tandem with Creative Director to space plan and design the interior architectural envelope, preparing project production design and drawings using design software
- Create conceptual design and interior architecture through 3-D massing conceptualization and space planning and format a presentation that clearly communicates the design
- Present project design materials to leadership for internal presentation and prepare and deliver client presentation
- Assist in quality control reviews for projects to confirm documents meet RDJA, its client’s, and operator’s standards
- Assist in review of and determining accuracy of project documents prior to issuance to AOR, client and/or operator
- Coordinate with project team, and provides documentation to them, as necessary, to alert them of elements/details needing their coordination and/or documentation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and graphic communication skills. You should be able to express strategic concepts analytically and graphically
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Programs on a PC
- Precise organization and time management skills – detail oriented, concise and consistent
- Ability to problem- diffuse and resolve conflicts quickly both internally and externally
- Aptitude for leadership, mentorship and supervising others in a way that helps them grow
- Proficiency with data management software such as Excel and Project.
- Excellent knowledge of building codes and the ADA requirements
- Well versed in reviewing construction documents (e.g., floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, finish schedules, furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, finish boards, materials and finishes) to determine compliance in quality, design, and code
- Knowledgeable about the components of construction drawings and specifications from AOR and other consultants and how to review documentation to ensure that elements are coordinated within RD Jones & Associates documents, as necessary.
- Strong space planning and hand-sketching skills and excellent presentation skill
- Experience in hospitality and/or multi-family design and/or senior living a plus
Applicant must supply portfolio that demonstrates applicable work experience. Please submit digital portfolio (PDF, Max 8MB) and resumé to our Contracts Administrator, Courtney Hernandez (email@example.com). Subject line of email should align with this formatting: Full Name – Senior Architect – Candidate.