SENIOR LANDSCAPE DESIGNER
Farm Design LLC is looking for an experienced landscape architect or designer to join our growing team. We embrace regenerative practices to design thoughtful, biodiverse and poetic landscapes. The spaces we create contribute to feelings of restoration, connection, calm and creativity–and through this, we believe there is tremendous potential to positively impact the connection between people and the spaces they inhabit.
We are located at the eastern tip of Long Island and work on diverse projects ranging from artist retreats, historic village homes and extended family compounds–where there is a great opportunity to re-create biodiversity. We apply our skills and knowledge as landscape architects, designers, environmentalists and horticulturists to create regenerative–and yes, beautiful–landscapes that engage natural frameworks and support local ecology. For examples of our work, please visit www.farmdesignllc.com.
We are currently in the process of renaming and rebranding Farm Landscape Design to better reflect what we do, and for whom we do it. We specialize in restoration and rewilding, but also offer more traditional design services as well.
- Work with Principal on the ongoing evolution of the firm.
- Lead multiple landscape architecture projects from schematic design through construction observation and installation.
- Responsible for the production, organization, coordination and accuracy of both presentation and construction documents.
- Manage project schedule and workflow.
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Research and specify materials for construction.
- Take an active role during installation, attend site meetings, clarify and confirm design intent, review submittals and shop drawings.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Promote regenerative design solutions.
- BS or MS in Landscape Architecture or Architecture.
- 3-5 years experience working as a landscape designer or architect. Preferred candidates will have project management experience.
- Experience mentoring and managing young staff
- Computer Skills: Competent in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp or other 3D software (We are a Mac based office).
- Experience with all aspects of Design Services from Schematic Design through Construction Observation.
- Knowledge and Experience preparing RFPs and Budgets.
- A strong familiarity and understanding of Construction Practices, Building Methods, Sequences, and Codes. Experience preparing construction documents and specifications.
- Ability to coordinate Multiple Projects and Deadlines.
- Responsible, hard-working, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills.
- Shared Design aesthetic with strong graphic skills.
- Personal transportation required. Mileage reimbursed.
The Project Manager will be expected to periodically work in the office as well as visit sites. Remote work is available. However, the candidate will ideally be located within reasonable distance of the East End of Long Island in order to visit properties and monitor projects. Overnight stays and travel costs would be covered. We understand that moving to a new community is prohibitive and would do our best to accommodate.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single .pdf, and 3 references. Submit separate portfolio either as a .pdf (no larger than 10MB) or attach a web link to: email@example.com No phone calls please.
This is a full-time position. Salary is $90,000. Assistance with temporary housing and moving available. Health benefits, flexible hours and matching IRA provided. We are an equal opportunity employer.