dsk architects was established in 2006 with a focus on education and healthcare, we also added commercial interiors in 2020 to our services. With 31 staff, including 13 licensed architects shared among our San Francisco, Los Angeles, Pleasanton, and San Luis Obispo offices, dsk architects offers the camaraderie of a small studio with the benefits and resources of an established mid-size firm.
We’re looking for friendly, ambitious, sharp-minded designers ready to grow professionally and share their knowledge and experience. As a member of the dsk team, you’ll interact with clients, conduct site visits, grow new skill sets (or polish existing ones), and see your work realized in construction – all with the support and guidance from our seasoned staff.
dsk is committed to providing a great work environment and good work-life balance including a hybrid work schedule. Our office is bright and ergonomic (electric sit/stand desks), with 40” 4K monitors for optimal drawing viewing. In addition to 15 PTO days + 7 Holidays a year, our compressed work schedule affords 12 extra days off a year, allowing for more 3- and 4-day weekends without even touching your PTO.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Architecture degree
- 5+ years in office experience post college
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing quality Construction Documents for educational, healthcare, civic or similar building types.
- DSA and/or OSHPD experience preferred, but not required.
- Professional Revit experience preferred but not required.
- knowledge of building codes, other building regulations, and experience with regulatory agencies
- Experience with specific cation review and coordination
- Experience with consultant coordination
- Experience with building systems, including use of both standard
- details and custom detailing
- Savvy software skills, (Autodesk, Office, Adobe)
We are seeking an individual to help run projects predominantly in our education division. dsk is lucky to have a steady staff and we prefer to keep team members on projects from start-to-finish for consistency.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT:
1. A resume, cover letter, and PDF copy or web-link to your portfolio.
2. In the letter, address your current professional level, what level you are applying for, and why you want to join dsk.
3. Include sample construction documents with your portfolio.
4. Keep the total email size under 10 MB.
To see our work, check out our website at www.dskarch.com
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
We will not be able to sponsor work related visas.
No phone calls. We will confirm that we’ve received your application, and let you know whether you’ve been selected to interview. Thank you for your interest in dsk!