RDC is an award-winning architectural firm with a diverse portfolio of work. We are currently seeking a Senior Job Captain or Project Architect to work with our Reston, Virginia, team. The ideal candidate will have experience working on retail and commercial projects. The position requires professional experience in CAD and Revit, extensive knowledge of working with remodel conditions, strong communications skills, and the ability to thrive in a hybrid workplace team environment.
The Senior Job Captain or Project Architect is competent in all conventional aspects of architectural practice with an emphasis on the technical implementation of the project design. Performs work requiring independent judgment and critical thinking. Adapts standards and criteria to project requirements and possess a diverse working knowledge of related disciplines. They are responsible for coordination of the Contract Documents and provides support and guidance to other technical staff as needed to successfully deliver contracted work.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience in architectural practice with focus on construction and rollout documentation preferred.
- License required for Project Architect title
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards.
- Advanced understanding of architectural design and related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in CAD, REVIT and other business software and their application to contract documents.
- Extensive knowledge of codes, consultant’s coordination (civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural), and ability to successfully complete the permitting process with minimal aid and supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of construction contract administration processes.
- Has the ability to lead communication efforts with client and development team.
For immediate confidential consideration, please submit your resume ane work samples through our website at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7b04d6a8-4ea4-42d4-9e5e-abb8f24d71c9&ccId=125197548_3003&jobId=35375&lang=en_US&source=CC4
All candidates should have legal work status in the United States.
RDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.