RDC is an award winning architectural firm with a diverse portfolio of work. We are currently seeking a Senior Job Captain to work in our office in Reston, Virginia. The ideal candidate will have experience working on retail and commercial projects. The position requires digital graphics experience, hand drawing ability, knowledge of commercial and office design, good communication skills, and an ability to thrive in a team environment.
The Senior Job Captain is competent in all conventional aspects of architectural practice with an emphasis on the technical implementation of the project design. Performs work requiring independent judgment and critical thinking. Adapts standards and criteria to project requirements and possess a diverse working knowledge of related disciplines. The Senior Job Captain is responsible for coordination of the Contract Documents, and provides support and guidance to other technical staff as needed to successfully deliver contracted work.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience in architectural practice with focus on construction and roll out documentation preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards.
- Advanced understanding of architectural design and related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in REVIT and other business software and their application to contract documents.
- Extensive knowledge of codes, consultant’s coordination (civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural) and ability to successfully complete the permitting process with minimal aid and supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of construction contract administration processes.
- Has the ability to lead communication efforts with client and development team.
RDC offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, medical and dependent care reimbursement plans, education reimbursement program and paid time off (PTO).
For immediate confidential consideration, please submit your resume through our website at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7b04d6a8-4ea4-42d4-9e5e-abb8f24d71c9&ccId=125197548_3003&lang=en_US
All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. RDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.