At AO, WE are better together.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, flexible work schedules, and Work From Home options, AO offers an absolute one-of-a-kind culture with collaborative workspaces and driven coworkers. AO welcomes creativity, learning, and lasting relationships. Everything we do is motivated by what it takes to be effective and successful for our clients. We value service, our people, a roll up your sleeves attitude, and continuous improvement. If you are young in your career, grow with us. If experienced, get better with us. There is no one like you, and there is no place like AO.
We offer all the benefits of a big firm, with all the human connections of a small one. You will never be a number at AO. Join our community.
Partial list of benefits:
- Full Suite of Medical, Dental, Life & Supplemental Insurance
- Ongoing Education and Exam Reimbursement
- Most Medical Plans fully paid for employee-only coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plans, Health Savings, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Overtime Compensation for Hourly Employees
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- Flexible Schedule
- Rail Station one block from campus
- Free parking
- Employee discount program (Orange County)
Summary: AO, a leading architecture firm, is seeking a skilled Senior Job Captain for our thriving Commercial studio in New York. In this role, you will contribute to technical project drawings and coordinate with senior staff and the project team. Your expertise in commercial design will be essential in developing comprehensive construction documents, drawing sets, and acquiring permits. Effective time management and collaboration skills are crucial for successful project execution in our dynamic and innovative environment.
- Collaborate with Clients, Senior PMs, and PMs to produce detailed technical drawings, tabulations, and documents for assigned commercial projects.
- Translate project direction into accurate site plans, floor plans, building elevations, sections, and design details in line with project design and presentation goals.
- Assist in preparing drawings, sketches, and related materials to ensure precise representation for clients, approving agencies, and contractors, facilitating seamless project construction.
- Facilitate coordination among various consultants to develop precise contract drawings, documents, and specifications necessary for obtaining building permits.
- Work closely with senior staff and the technical project team to enhance project progress and coordinate task scheduling.
- Provide and receive technical insights from esteemed Senior PMs, PMs, and other senior staff members to optimize project outcomes.
- Effectively present and discuss technical directions on assigned projects and tasks.
- Independently or collaboratively with senior staff, adeptly organize and prioritize tasks for individual or concurrent commercial projects, showcasing outstanding time management skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture, architectural design, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, experience, or training.
- Proficiency in reading, interpreting documents, and effective communication through writing and presentations.
- Intermediate mathematical skills, including calculations, proportions, percentages, and basic algebra and geometry concepts.
- Apply common sense to follow written and oral instructions, resolving issues involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: No specific certifications or licenses are required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in computer-aided design software, including AutoCAD and Revit.
- Familiarity with software such as Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- General knowledge of office business computer systems.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle items.
- Good depth perception and judgment of distances and spatial relationships.
- Lift or exert up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- S&T or Data Center Experience are a plus
- Standard business office environment with moderate noise levels.
- No unusual work environment characteristics.
This job description outlines the primary responsibilities and requirements of the Senior Job Captain role within AO’s Commercial Studio in New York. Duties and responsibilities may be modified at the company’s discretion. AO is an equal opportunity employer, providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.