We are looking for a technically savvy architect in Los Angeles that exudes positivity, approaches the profession with a collaborative style, and a candidate with a special passion for working on commercial and wellness projects for our California-based clients.
We design for industry-leading clients with brands that drive the future of the thriving workplace to meet the needs of every type of worker. Are you ready to ride with us? Join our team located in Los Angeles.
We invite you to take a test drive and check us out at www.bergmeyer.com
• Professional degree in Architecture
• Architecture Licensure in CA is required
• Title 24 experience is a plus
• Proficiency with Revit and Bluebeam
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• 7-12 years of relevant experience with commercial and wellness projects
• Demonstrated experience working with and through OSHPD approvals is mandatory
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for meeting deadlines with high quality, thoughtful solutions in a fast-paced environment and manage client communication for multiple, fast-track projects simultaneously
• Ability to graphically communicate an idea quickly, backed by strong technical capabilities regarding building construction and technologies.
• Participation in the full design process from conceptual design through construction phase services as a manager of a project team.
• Lead in-house team with preparation of existing conditions via site surveys and full entitlements analyses, as well as applicable code and accessibility reviews
• Manage preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction documents with project team, consultants, contractors, and vendors
• Oversee drawing and project coordination with the internal team as well as consultants and vendors
• Manage and mentor internal project team of up to four people
• Strong organizational skills.
• Manage project finances including writing fee proposals and internal and external budgets
• Navigate hearings with building and zoning officials regarding project approvals (locally & regionally)
• Perform construction phase services and project close-outs
Travel is required.
At Bergmeyer, our culture of collaboration welcomes good ideas from wherever they come. We create project teams that thrive on inquiry and investigation, and encourage staff to cultivate new skills, take on additional responsibility, and offer meaningful contributions. We invest in our people with competitive compensation and benefits packages and by contributing to professional development expenses. We value those who are fun and interesting to work with and who make a positive impact on our projects and our workplace.
**The base salary will be estimated to be between $70,000 – $95,000 contingent on relevant experience plus profit sharing and benefits.
No agencies and no phone calls, please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.