IMC Architecture is an architecture firm based in Brooklyn, NY. The firm’s portfolio encompasses both high-end and affordable residential, office, institution, and hospitality projects.
We are seeking a senior interior architectural designer with 5-10+ years of experience to assist in the start-up of an interior design division within the architectural firm. The candidate will be responsible for management and production, as required, throughout all phases of any project.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong design skills who is comfortable and professional in client-facing interactions and shows initiative and creativity in daily responsibilities. The candidate will also be required to assist in setting up an office standard and workflow and is someone who can work autonomously.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Min. 5 plus years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Led/assisted a project team in developing the aesthetic design and preparing the interior design, including drawings and specifications.
- Should be well-versed in design through the delivery of interior design processes & projects.
- Computer skills must include AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-up, and Adobe Programs.
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive, flexible, and able to meet project timelines.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills to communicate effectively with clients and the project team.
- Develops a working process with the team that ensures that a project’s design intent is maintained for the project’s duration.
- Develops design documentation at all stages of the project from Test-fit plans, finishes & materials concepts, and selection of products. Can assist the team in developing construction drawings and detailing for the project to ensure continuity of design intent.
- Follows established standards for project production and review.
- Coordinates the work of design consultants.
- Ability to prioritize and manage the design of multiple projects.
- Opportunity to join a growing office committed to innovative, thoughtful design.
In-office, Benefits, and Compensation:
Our base salary compensation for this position based on experience ranges from $80,000 to $140,000 in addition to a discretionary yearly bonus. This is a unique position and compensation beyond base salary is negotiable.
The firm offers comprehensive medical benefits, 401(k) match, paid vacation/personal time, and qualified parental leave.
Qualified individuals should:
- Submit PDF resumes and work samples (not to exceed 5 MB) to: email@example.com
- Provide salary requirements in the body of your cover letter. *Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.