Interior Design – Senior Interior Designer – Luxury Hospitality Design Specialist
AB design studio is an award-winning architecture, interior design and planning firm based in Southern California. Our Santa Barbara and Los Angeles studios are always seeking new team members in a variety of studio roles. We thrive on multi disciplinary design with a focus on creativity and signature solutions for each client and project.
AB design studio is hiring Interior Design focused Senior Interior Designers with experience in Luxury Hospitality Design to join our studios in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. As a Senior Design Leader you will assist the Principal, Studio Director and Project Managers by providing world class professional project design, documentation and delivery solutions that delight clients and end users. AB design studio Senior Designers are Professionally Driven, Creative Problem Solvers with strong Communication, Collaboration & Presentation skills. Our studio values highly detailed and well crafted design solutions that create award winning signature spaces and luxurious environments. AB design studio Senior Designers possess the ability to consistently exercise good judgment and discretion in handling a wide variety of responsibilities, while maintaining a realistic balance among multiple priorities simultaneously. The Senior Interior Designer must demonstrate extensive technical interior architectural experience on a wide variety of projects through the construction administration phase. The candidate will oversee the interior process from proposal through construction administration on a project. You must have the ability to develop, understand contractual liability as they relate to Interior Architecture / Owner project fee calculations. AB design studio Project Managers are Project Team Leaders and must exhibit exceptional leadership skills and be able to perform in a fast paced and dynamic design centric business environment.
- Lead the interior design teams on multiple projects by providing direction.
- Manage and prepare the interior design deliverables that include programming and conceptual design, schematic design, design development, contract documents and specifications.
- Present Concept design solutions to clients and hotel brand representatives and manage design expectations.
- Develop Space planning concepts and furnishing layouts for hotels and guest rooms per hotel standards.
- Lead selection of FF&E Color palettes & Material presentations, and manage 3D rendering efforts.
- Responsible for project budget management, FF&E and material cost control.
- Communicate and work with consultants, vendors, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives.
- Work closely with Studio Directors, Project Managers and colleagues across the firm to promote an interdisciplinary design approach and philosophy to facilitate its advancement in respective offices and across the firm.
- Train and mentor, and oversee the workload of Junior Designers & Colleagues.
- Build, nurture and foster new relationships with a broad client & supplier base.
- On-going research of products and innovative design ideas.
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts.
- Effectively communicate and implement key strategic initiatives and become an influential “Voice” of design in the community and hospitality industry.
10+ years of relevant experience in managing high-end new-build and renovation of Hospitality Design projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited school of design.
- NCIDQ Certification may be required. Candidates pursuing LEED certification will be preferred.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills.
- Knowledge with client management and professional presentation skills.
- Strong planning abilities, including development of design concepts, knowledge of furniture and finishes.
- Experience with management of project budget, FF&E and material cost.
- Familiarity with local/national building codes.
- Highly skilled in conceptual thinking, experiential design and storytelling in space.
- Expert knowledge of FF&E, Color and Materials specifications.
- Graphics and visualization skill to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work under your own initiative.
- Professional knowledge of bespoke furniture, and specifications.
- Execution and coordination of drawings including plans, elevations, details and schedules.
- Software proficiency in the use of AutoCAD or Revit and Rhino is desirable. ArchiCAD is a bonus.
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe Creative Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite applications is preferred.
To Apply for this Position Follow these instructions:
All candidates interested in applying to AB design studio may submit their request electronically by Email to the email address listed below. Candidates shall submit a Selected Works Portfolio along with a Professional Resume & Reference List. Architectural + Interior Design studio candidates shall meet the following minimum requirements; candidates to hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or other Related Design Degree Program (with exception of intern applicants) and illustrate strong critical thinking, communication, graphic and organization skill sets. Candidates with qualitative and relevant experience will be given priority consideration.
All applications shall be transmitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
All candidates shall provide applications following these formatting requirements:
- Title the email subject line with your first and last name and the position you are applying to. Please also let us know if you are applying for a role in the Architecture and Planning department or the Interior Design Department.
- Provide a brief summary in the body of the email to introduce yourself and define your candidacy for the desired position on offer.
- Attach to the email the following:
- Provide a single page PDF formatted cover letter indicating the position being applied to along with any pertinent information necessary to define your candidacy for the desired position – please reference your experience level in terms of years worked in a relevant professional setting along with your current legal residency status along with your current location of residence.
- Provide a PDF formatted Selected Works Portfolio (We like to see Student Work & Professional Work).
- Provide a PDF formatted Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Be prepared to submit a PDF formatted Reference List.
- All PDF files provided shall be formatted and optimized for quality on-screen viewing on a standard personal computer.
- Emailed Applications with file attachments exceeding 25 MB may not be reviewed or considered.
Physical Studio/Office Locations:
- Santa Barbara Studio – 420 East Haley Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Los Angeles Studio – 12421 Venice Blvd., Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90066
If you are a current student, be careful when transmitting your school issued email address. Once you graduate from your school, the email will soon after be deleted from your university’s system. Provide an email address that we can use to contact you after your graduation date. Please also be sure to provide a telephone number that you can be reached at.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.