We are BAMO
creative expression | award-winning design
travel | international destinations
multi-cultural exposure | innovative clients
mentorship | renowned leaders
inspiring and fulfilling work | balanced, diverse, and supportive culture
A collective of interior designers, we create captivating environments that flow, function, and make people feel welcome, at ease, and inspired. From a resort in Bora Bora to a high-rise in Miami, a beach house in California to a villa in Italy, we create true havens: places apart from the everyday.
Just like our designs, no two designers are the same; every voice brings a richness of experience and perspective, and an impassioned view of life. We are looking to welcome a new voice to our talented team of architects and designers, artists, and experts. Join us as we create meaningful narratives, and design authentic spaces that speak to the senses.
Job Title: Senior Interior Designer
Seeking candidates with an innate sense of style. A love of furnishings and architecture. A skilled understanding of materials and construction, with a keen eye for detail. An explorer of proportion, form, and function.
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will drive the design direction and development of BAMO’s renowned interior spaces. Working alongside the Design Leads you will research and explore, setting the mood and directing the design vocabulary through spatial layouts, details, materials, lighting, and furniture. To take a project from concept to completion, you will draw on your expertise in space planning, design development, furnishing selections, and construction documents. You will hone your leadership experience through client interactions and the mentorship of junior team members. You will grow your craft alongside the firm’s Principals and Associates while working on a variety of high-end projects located around the world. We welcome your distinctive viewpoint and creative contributions.
What you can expect in a Senior Interior Designer Role at BAMO:
- Assist in the development of project goals, targets, and schedules.
- Generate and develop design ideas at all phases of the design process based on project criteria, program, and budget.
- Direct and collaborate with the project team to develop interior finish selections and specifications.
- Manage and review design development and construction documents and shop drawings for content, accuracy, and overall design integrity.
- Oversee the project team in conducting construction-phase activities including site visits, shop drawing review, requests for information, drawing and document updates, project record-keeping.
- Collaborate with the Design Lead in presenting designs to clients and other consultants.
- Champion the firm’s quality and design standards as projects move from concept through construction.
- Coordinate all FF&E and interior architectural plans and finishes with the client and contractor.
- Serve as primary contact for all project consultants.
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate Designers and Interns.
- Expand your knowledge of high-end interior design resources (vendors, professional sources) with regular in-house presentations and travel to industry conferences.
- Represent BAMO at industry events, conferences, and other specialty programs when appropriate.
- Serve as a BAMO spokesperson as needed
- College-level degree (architecture, interior design, or related field).
- Minimum of 8 years experience with high-end hospitality or residential projects or a combination of related work experience.
- Knowledge of design resources and evidence of creative sourcing.
- Understanding of construction, materials, and methods.
- Take initiative and ownership of all tasks on projects.
- Meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of all work produced.
- Ability to supervise and direct project teams with minimal oversight.
- Ability to mentor and direct staff.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and client management skills and experience.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, flexible, and productive.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand sketching.
- Salary range: DOE
- Health, dental vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid family leave
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
BAMO, Inc has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. New hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination (and booster if eligible) upon hire. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable otherwise qualified individuals who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a religious reason.