SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER JOB DESCRIPTION
KTA is seeking a design-focussed, detail-minded and technically skilled senior interior designer to join our team.
The successful candidate will work on a range of projects across all phases, project types, and scales from sketch design to
documentation. Candidates with secondary & tertiary educational experience are ideal.
KTA seeks to create projects that are generous, challenging, exemplary, public in spirit, and undertaken with an economy of
means. Current work spans multi-residential, public and civic, cultural and educational typologies.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple project commitments, sectors and deadlines, will be comfortable
working both independently and within teams, and is confident collaborator both within the office and with our external
partners, clients, and consultants.
Project Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the interior design of KTA projects working both independently and within project teams
- Work collaboratively with the directors, the project architect and the project team to develop and advance the design
agenda of each project
- Work with external collaborators including clients, consultants, and other project partners
- Skilfully resolve detailing and technical issues in line with the project’s design agenda
- Where appropriate, manage project teams, deliverables, and finances to meet profit targets & deadlines
Office Role & Responsibilities
- Join one of KTA’s internal committees focussed on the organisation and advancement of the practice
- Assist with the development and curation of the office’s materials library, and assist building contacts with suppliers
- Nurture and support junior staff
- Architecture, interior architecture, or interior design degree
- 7+ years of post-degree professional experience
- Project delivery experience in Revit is required
- Experience with Rhino and the Adobe Suite preferred
To be discussed, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send folio samples & CVs to email@example.com with “Senior Interior Designer” in the subject. Attachments are to be
Agency solicitations will not be reviewed.
Kerstin Thompson Architects (KTA) was established in 1994. The work of the practice encompasses architecture, interiors,
landscape and urban design. Our work is extremely varied and ranges in scale and program. We like to think of our projects
as portraits; unique and particular to the clients, environments and purpose at hand, with a focus on an enjoyment of place,
sustainability and integration with landscape and community. The practice focus is on architecture as a civic endeavour;
buildings that forge connections with their surroundings and the people who inhabit them. Design is necessarily integrated,
multi-disciplinary and based on intensive collaboration between client, consultants and builders.