INTERNATIONAL DESIGN FIRM MAWD SEEK SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER FOR EXCITING NEW POSITION IN LA STUDIO
March and White Design is an international design studio with offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. We specialize in designing high end residential developments, 5-star luxury hotel brands, and commercial interiors. Our LA studio is seeking a talented senior interior designer with a background in commercial development or high-end hospitality work to join a dynamic team in a fast-growing studio.
The opportunity is to take ownership on a range of elegantly conceived projects at the highest level of design working closely with the Studio Lead and Co-Founder.
Education and Experience:
You must have a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), a BFA in Interior Design, BSc in Interior Design or similar, with minimum 7 years’ post-graduate experience.
The ideal candidate must have a combination of both interior design and architecture with FF&E and material knowledge including proven experience of residential developments or hospitality projects. Furthermore, you must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail. You will work closely with a team of skilled designers in NY and London and are expected to be ‘hands-on’ in your approach whilst using your initiative to complete tasks with a calm natured response.
- Experienced in working in all phases of a project from concept to completion
- Needs to have diverse skill set – Ability to design, prepare presentations, space plan, and put together a detailed drawing set
- Excellent Photoshop, InDesign, and AutoCAD – Sketch Up and Blue Beam not essential but beneficial.
- Comfortable developing interior concepts into a design presentation.
- Proven ability to pull together a cohesive drawing set and guide more junior designers through the process.
- Understanding of construction details and ability to review shop drawings and submittals
- Competent in producing material, plumbing fixtures, hardware, and lighting schedules
- Understanding of FF&E specifications
- Ability and desire to think both creatively and functionally to reach innovative design solutions.
- Strong communication skills both with internal team and outside consultants, clients, and vendors
- Understanding of basic US codes
- Self-motivated with the ability manage time to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Mature, responsible, and reliable
- Comfortable working independently as well as offering guidance to juniors
- Positive attitude, team player with a hands-on approach
- Working accurately to a written or verbal brief
- Developing detailed designs through space plans, color elevations, sketches, and materials
- Producing as part of a team all phases of a project from concept to completion
- Produce, as part of a team, Interior Design Presentations
- Produce, as part of a team, Cohesive Design Development Packages including Drawings, Schedules, and Specifications
- Coordinate with architect and outside consultants throughout all project phases
- Review architects drawings, shop drawings, and submittals to ensure design intent is achieved
- Maintaining and inspiring creativity
- Manage junior team
- Private Medical Health Cover
- Generous vacation allowance: 15 days’ vacation in addition to usual Public Holidays
- 1 extra day vacation for employee’s birthday
- Employee will be entitled to paid vacation for days between Christmas and New Year
- Parking subsidy provided
Remuneration is dependent on experience
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your portfolio, earliest start date and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should submit their resume and portfolio, with the subject line “Senior Interior Designer Position” to email@example.com – no attachments greater than 10MB will be accepted. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.