SENIOR Interior Designer
Internationally renowned Architecture & Interior Design firm Gabellini Sheppard Associates is seeking a full-time senior interior designer with 5+ years of hi-end design experience, preferably with hospitality/ residential design experience. This position will be instrumental in executing projects and report to team leadership (Partners, Associates & Project Managers) The candidate must be a well-rounded and self-motivated team player and passionate about design. This 30-person studio specializes in high-end hospitality, residential (private & condominium) and retail projects. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and is flexible and able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. A sharp eye for aesthetics balanced with a solid technical foundation is essential.
Experience in all phases—from concept through construction documentation—is preferred as well as in shop drawing review of millwork and custom furniture.
· Work directly with design partners/ associates to develop design concepts, programming documents, space plans and budgets.
- Conceptualize and create design ideas through 3D visualization, mood boards and hand-sketching.
· Prepare presentation documents & drawings from concept and construction documentation phases.
· Manage projects through all phases.
· Source and specify finish materials & FF&E.
· Develop materials & finish palettes through research, selection, and specification of materials and finishes.
· Review submittals and shop drawings.
· Communicate with clients, contractors and consultants.
· Coordination with Consultants, such as Lighting and AV, Purchasing Agents.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
· Well-developed written and oral communication skills required (in English).
· Ability to communicate, and present design concepts within the internal team, to outside parties and Clients.
- Strong knowledge of the design process including documentation, specification of materials, FF&E, and project management
· Strong working knowledge of industry vendors & sourcing. Residential & hospitality preferred.
· Current knowledge of materials, finishes and furnishings; including industry standards for selection, procurement, and installation management of such items.
· Working knowledge/ general understanding of industry standards, construction means and methods, and technical systems at large.
· Knowledge of custom millwork and furniture details a plus.
· CAD proficiency (VectorWorks a plus), Adobe Photoshop & InDesign and Microsoft Office required.
· Spexx a plus.
· Proficiency with Sketch-Up, 3D Max or V-Ray is a plus.
· Construction Administration experience is a plus.
Include availability (immediate preferred) and salary requirements with your cover letter, as well as a resume/CV and portfolio/work samples. If portfolio images were created as part of a team, please indicate own areas of responsibility.
3 weeks vacation
Group health /life/ dental insurance
Must be a US citizen / green card holder / or have work visa
Pay commensurate with experience
Please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Portfolios that are sent via Issuu link or personal website must have option to download. Resumes without accompanied portfolios will not be considered. Please state your desired salary range and approximate start date.