SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Interior Designer to join our San Francisco or Boston team. The position of Senior Interior Designer contributes to our success by overseeing the execution of all phases of design and project management for our hospitality projects. The designer will be expected to produce a visual representation of the concept and communicate the Interior Designer Director’s objectives both orally and visually. The designer will be expected to manage all project-related tasks, client meetings and contractor coordination working directly with the Interior Design Director and Project Architect/Manager, collaborating with fellow studio members, clients, and consultants. This position may require travel.
- Ability to interface and lead the design team effectively on the conception and design development of multiple projects to meet milestones within client program and budget constraints.
- Act as liaison between Interior Design Director and Project Architect/Manager and design team during design process to review scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs, preparing project cost & fee analysis and review project billing.
- Review in collaboration with Interior Design Director all documents to ensure they meet design intent, client vision and BSA standards. Ensure deliverables are submitted per the project contractual agreement.
- Direct and participate in the preparation of all design documents including:
- Design Decks: presentation and development of any means required to communicate the design concept including mood boards, renderings including 2D and 3D drawing views, FF&E selections
- Contract Documents: construction drawing documents and specifications including finishes, FF&E, hardware & plumbing selections, custom specifications drawings
- Archiving: Finish boards and/or boxes, FF&E binders
- Lead team in performing field visits/measurements and construction administration services including site visits, directing the response to submittals and RFIs, reviewing control samples and shop drawings, coordinating with consultants, manufacturers, and contractors, and completing punch list.
- Direct and mentor Intermediate Designers
Qualifications and Skills
- Architecture or Interior Design degree, accredited 4-year program at a minimum
- Minimum 7 years of experience in hospitality design or accomplished skill level
- Strong conceptual design experience and managing the implementation of a design concept in a team environment through completion that is on schedule and budget
- Comprehensive knowledge of hospitality design standards with an experienced understanding of hospitality operations
- Proven organizational abilities and attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects across various phases
- Strong experience in management and coordination of construction drawing sets with knowledge of commercial construction detailing, materials, methods, and codes: fire safety codes, ADA codes, and applicable codes for textiles, furnishings, and finishes
- Strong experience in management and coordination of FF&E specification deliverables/implementation through available vendors and fabricators
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, SPEXX or Spec Sources, Sketch Up, and MS Office and other industry standard programs
- Collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication and must be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff
- Strong interest in continuing education and studio development & growth.
Who We Are
From the peaks of snow-capped mountains to the vast coastline shores, Bull Stockwell Allen is an award-winning architecture firm specializing in resort, hospitality, and recreation projects in extraordinary locations throughout the United States. Inspired by site and responsive to climate, we design exceptional environments for life with a deep understanding of snow and mountain-region design.
We believe that the recognition of indigenous landscape, the use of sustainable materials and an appropriate design character is critical to the success of resort and community projects throughout the world.
Our people are the key to our success. We are an open office environment that understands some of the best design solutions come from diversity and a collaboration of different viewpoints and expertise. We invest in promoting a culture of growth and mentorship. We work hard while understanding that a fulfilling work life is best when balanced with a rich personal life.
Join Our Team
This position is full time, with fully covered Healthcare, Vision & Dental Coverage, 401(k), Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Hybrid Work Schedule (3 days in the office with 2 optional WFH), generous PTO including paid holidays. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested, please email a cover letter and resume, along with a portfolio or samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Interior Designer in your subject heading. We look forward to hearing from you.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume, along with a portfolio or samples of your work to email@example.com with Senior Interior Designer in your subject heading. We look forward to hearing from you.