Bryan O’Sullivan Studio is looking to hire an architectural or interior designer with 7 to 10 years of experience in high-end residential interior design, for the position of Senior Interior Architect in our office in New York City. We are seeking experienced designers with the drive and skills to fill a leadership position in our growing office in NYC.
Below is a summary of the Senior Interior Architect’s responsibilities:
- -Maintains a clear, organized, and consistent delegation of tasks and milestones for the design team throughout the project. The Senior Designer leads the day-to-day development of the design of a project.
- -Maintains constant communication with the Associate to ensure that the design is conceived and developed according to the creative vision of the Principal and the Studio.
- -Ensures that design proposals and documents issued to Clients, Fabricators, and Builders accurately describe the extent of the design scope, in terms of pricing, leadtimes, and specifications. The Senior Interior Architect has the experience to prepare, and to instruct others to help prepare, 3D computer sketches; architectural interior plans and elevations, as well as architectural & joinery details; construction document packages, including all relevant drawings and schedules.
- -Leads and assists in the production of Architectural Drawing Sets, for submissions for Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents.
- -Leads and assists in the review of RFIs and Submittals during Construction Administration.
- -Maintains productive and nimble communication with contractors and fabricators during the pricing, fabrication and construction stages of a project.
- -7 to 10 years of experience in high-end residential and/or hospitality interior architectural design.
- -Experience working on projects in New York and the US, through all phases, for and within architecture firms. CD and CA experience is a must.
- -Wide knowledge of interior finish sources, as well as sources for high-end products for hardware, plumbing, lighting, etc.
- -Wide knowledge of contractors, millworkers, and other fabricators appropriate for the Studio’s work.
- -Wide knowledge of interior architectural detailing (such as trimwork, floor/wall/ceiling details, stair details, etc), and joinery (millwork) detailing.
- -Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- -Legal and physical residency in New York City or its vicinity.
- -Willingness to work at our office in Manhattan full time.
- -Excellent communication oral, written and graphic skills
- -MS Office Suite: proficient
- -AutoCAD: proficient
- -Adobe Suite: moderate to proficient
- -Sketchup: moderate to proficient
- -English language: fluent
The ideal candidate’s background includes:
Technical skills required:
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org