At HSD we believe a well-designed space should elevate one’s soul; it should transport, inspire and create fond memories. We set the stage to orchestrate our clients’ dream story. We take pride in being fearlessly individualistic through our use of material and texture, specifically, the dichotomy between past eras and contemporary style. We believe no two spaces should look alike as no two clients of ours are alike. We dive deep into the history, architecture, location, and culture behind each project for it is important to us to rely on the past to create a clear vision of the future.
If you resonate with the above, please consider applying for our open senior architectural designer position. We are looking for a senior architectural designer to participate in a wide range of high-end residential projects. A list of responsibilities and requirements and benefits are below.
HSD Studio is an award-winning interior design studio based in Laguna Beach, California. We are looking for a Senior Architectural Designer with a passion for design and experience in working on high-end residential and/or commercial projects to join our team in Laguna Beach, CA.
· Create project documentation including the submission of a full drawing set, specification writing, schedules, and construction administration.
· Responsible for material sourcing and specification, custom furniture design, visual research, furniture sourcing, graphic and visual presentations.
· Assist creative director with project budgets, schedules, and client communication.
· Collaborate seamlessly with clients, as well as other designers, architects, contractors, fabricators, and developers on multiple projects.
· Mentor interior junior studio staff.
5+ years of experience in interior architecture, interior design or architecture and Bachelor/ Master degree from an accredited school.
· The ideal candidate is passionate about design, a team player and detail oriented.
· Take initiative and work under pressure.
· Advanced 2D drawing skills.
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Produce complete, fully coordinated and detailed design packages and technical documents with minimal oversight.
· Advanced knowledge of Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), SketchUp/Rhino, and Microsoft Office Suite.
· 3D modeling and realistic rendering ability would be a plus using software such as but not limited to 3ds Max, V-Ray, and Enscape.
· Manages projects to completion, including work performed by internal and external resources.
· Assigns tasks, oversees work and provides feedback to staff assigned to projects and mentors junior staff’s technical and design development.
· Manages Construction Administration including submittal review and processing of shop drawings, site visits, material specifications, strike-offs .
· Knowledge of furniture, fixture construction, cabinetry detailing is a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Flexible Time Off Vacation policy
· Health Care Plan
To apply for the position, please email a cover letter, resume and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would love to meet you.