MW-Skins is seeking a Senior Facade Designer / Facade Architect to join its team in NYC.
MW-Skins is a rapidly expanding envelope design and consulting firm based in New York City. We have a far-reaching portfolio, which includes all scales of luxury residential work, high-end office developments, celebrated cultural work, and complex renovations. The team prides itself on our design-focused approach to facades and on cultivating a collaborative studio atmosphere to produce the highest quality work. The practice is founded on more than a decade’s worth of experience in providing proficient solutions to projects in one of the most dynamic markets in the world.
We currently work on a variety of projects throughout the US in all phases and scopes, from conceptual design to construction administration.
Applicants should have a strong technical understanding as well as a degree in either architecture or engineering. Applicants must have excellent knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, and Code requirements.
- 3 to 10 years of experience in façade design, architecture, and/or engineering.
- Professional architecture or engineering background from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of building envelopes, different façades types, and enclosure systems
- Below and above grade waterproofing design
- Excellent skills in CAD, Rhino, Revit
- Excellent communication skills, time management, and organizational skills with frequent interactions between clients, contractors, and manufacturers
- Being able to work on multiple projects at a time, at both technical and aesthetic levels
- Able to understand the balance of priorities on differing projects and schedules
- Ability to identify and solve problems using available resources
- Ability to work independently and also manage junior facade designers in their day-to-day work
- Conceptualizing building envelopes and proposing efficient systems that work with the client’s budget
- Drafting technical façade details with clear and concise
- Building envelope specifications preparation
- Advise architects and clients on building enclosure performance, constructability, and durability
- Assists in construction administration, responding to RFIs and organizing submittal logs as necessary
- Knowledge of THERM | WINDOW and other modeling softwares preferred
- Ability to work in the office for a majority of the week, and partial remote work available after the initial 90-day trial period
Please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples to the following email address: