Snøhetta is seeking an experienced individual whose primary focus will be creating original written content about the firm’s work. In addition, there will be the need to manage/coordinate related efforts for both external and internal communications for the Snøhetta -US team (SNUS) based in New York City.
The position is for a 6-month contract with the option for renewal to a long-term position.
This position is critical to maintaining and enhancing Snøhetta’s reputation and identity within highly visible and competitive markets for design and related services in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, interiors, branding and products. The Senior Editor & Writer is a senior staff position reporting to the firm’s partners and one of the key roles contributing to the realization of the firm’s professional and business objectives.
In addition to generating original content, the Senior Editor & Writer is tasked with planning, activating, deploying, managing and coordinating various communication modes, media and channels, consistent with an agreed direction, and approach. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Managing content with the Press
- Generation, editing, dissemination of written, graphic and media content (including content needed to support marketing/business development efforts)
- Publications (including photography and graphic material)
- Coordination of Communication work product/output with other individuals/teams within SNUS and its sister companies, the firm’s business/professional consultants and advisers, other external parties (as appropriate) to implement firm initiatives and projects.
- Relevant information gathering, analysis and reporting related to the work of the Communications function and its interactions (e.g., market conditions/trends, clients, press/media coverage, etc.)
Job requirements / skills
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in this field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Managerial experience (people, processes)
- Published articles in the field
- Experience with architecture, landscape architecture, design, urbanism, art
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite
- Collaboration and mentoring
The Sr. Editor & Writer will report directly to the Managing Partner while working closely with the firm’s partners and Director of Communication. The role will liaise with our Communications team, Office Administrative team, and Project Managers. The Senior Editor & Writer is a member of the overall Operations group consisting of Finance, HR, Office Administration, Marketing and Communications.
- Please submit a resume, cover letter, writing samples and links to published articles to our online database: http://web106.reachmee.com/ext/I020/762/main?site=6&validator=83f187b6a1fc05eedd0e6135a310a4c1&lang=UK
- No phone calls or emails please