APPARATUS is a New York-based design studio that designs and manufactures lighting, furniture and objects both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners, sold globally.
· Translate the Creative Director’s vision into design conception through to completion, working in a collaborative and independent.
· Accountable for the communication of design vision and program to design team, provide supportive briefs and delegation of tasks to meet project milestones.
· Oversee the selection of finishes and furnishings by leading the team to source, coordinate and deliver onsite as required.
· Prepare schemes and project boards for visual reference throughout a project timeline, keeping updated samples well-represented with accurate pricing and availability.
· Produce detailed interior elevations, custom millwork, and construction drawings that meet and exceed industry drafting standards.
· Review and direct architectural drawing sets, fabrication shop drawings, and construction submittals to ensure design intent is achieved.
· Assist and support Project Managers with the fabrication development, construction detailing and installation of all decorative furnishings, including and not limited to upholstery, artwork, accessories, and drapery.
· Integrate creative design development into well-organized, formatted presentations, schedules, tear sheets, and other external documents to best represent the company’s brand identity.
· Drive successful design reviews and meetings with excellent time management, scheduling of calendar and the preparation of meeting agendas, staged printed documents, and meeting minutes.
· Produce and maintain 3D models for all interior projects, including material and finish updates, custom millwork, and furniture alternations.
· Assist Director to prioritize support needs of the team or the business to achieve successful a project timeline, scope of work, budgets, and external deliverables.
· Organize and maintain all project folders on internal server, including external correspondence and other relevant materials associated with the success and foundation of every project.
· Superior verbal and communications skills with accountability and follow-through.
· Expert knowledge of design history, design trends, and the interiors landscape.
· Working knowledge of how to guide all phases of design from Concept Development to Installation.
· Familiarity with building codes and design industry standards.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office.
· Excellent time-management skills, to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
· Critical thinking with the ability to foresee problems and suggest solutions.
· Lead by example, create a work environment that promotes a high level of engagement, skill-building, and efficiency in productivity and quality.
· Comfortable stepping outside regular duties as needed to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving environment.
· Professionally to critical feedback and proactively in seeking support and help when needed.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in an architectural or interior design firm, including at least 4 years of experience with high-end residential or hospitality.
· Proven experience in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency, and excellence.
· Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
· Position is based in the New York showroom and is not remote.
· Full-time showroom hours: Monday – Friday generally 10:00AM – 6:00PM.
· Longer hours and weekend availability, requested on an as need basis.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
· Weekly 1:1s.
· Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Please apply directly through our company site https://boards.greenhouse.io/apparatus/jobs/4087102004