Snarkitecture is seeking a Senior Designer to join its team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for detailing and an excellent knowledge of construction assemblies. They should bring extensive technical knowledge to each design, having at least 5 years of experience leading a broad range of project typologies throughout all phases of design and construction. Candidates must have the ability to provide technical review and critique on all aspects of the design, documentation, and construction administration.
The role will require a hunger for innovation, the ability to develop new technologies and respond to the varied range of projects and scales within the studio. Candidates should demonstrate creative and professional leadership in a collaborative environment whilst being dedicated to sharing their expertise, and contributing to the studio culture.
- Strong command of construction techniques and advanced technical skills.
- Ability to lead and coordinate drawings sets from conception to construction with a focus on preserving Snarkitecture’s design intent throughout the process.
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to help resolve complex technical challenges at a range of scales and project types including retail, hospitality and residential.
- Experience working with construction details and drawings.
- Independently solve and communicate working drawing details throughout the design phases.
- Lead in developing new methodologies, technologies, designs to innovate and move the practice forward.
- Advanced knowledge in specifications, schedules and all FF&E packages.
- Review and redline drawing sets at all stages of a project.
- Propose and make design decisions throughout the documentation process.
- Ability to complete a drawing set through Concept Design, Design Development, and Construction.
- Architecture or design-related degree
- At least 5 years of professional architectural or design experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates must be based in New York
To be considered for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Designer. Please include your resume/CV, cover letter, a PDF Portfolio (5MB limit), salary requirements and a list of references. Lastly, please provide a short response to the following question: what is your favorite Snarkitecture object? No phone calls or studio visits.