Emily Farnham Architecture is a boutique architectural and interior design studio in Echo Park, Los Angeles. We are seeking an experienced and versatile senior designer/project manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about design, representation and seeing a project through construction. Our focus is highly customized residential design. The candidate will be working directly with the principal. This is an in-person position. The hours could be part time to full time depending on the candidate’s preference.
- Degree from an NAAB Accredited Institution
- Mastery of Revit: inputting and modeling as-built AutoCAD drawings, to rendering views (with enscape or similar), to completing detailed Construction Documents.
- 2 years minimum experience with taking projects through LADBS (and other local jurisdictions) permitting and obtaining clearances. Familiarity with building codes a must.
- 1 year minimum experience with CA, answering RFIs, and being the point of contact for the General Contractor during construction.
- Consultant coordination (structural, civil, energy, landscape) and building systems.
- Experience in interior design and an eye for composition and material palettes. Our practice involves architectural AND interior design so cabinetry layouts, tile placement, lighting fixtures and plumbing trim layouts are an essential part of our client deliverables.
- Great client skills and written/verbal communication ability.
- Strong organization skills, tracking of your own to-do list and multi-tasking ability. This is a small practice, you’ll work on multiple projects in different phases. We use spreadsheets to track project specs.
- Experience with InDesign Photoshop and Illustrator
- Licensure, or working toward licensure, is a plus.
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Ability to work legally in the US. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Compensation is very competitive with Los Angeles area practices. We expect your work hours to be focused and self-driven, and then we want you to go live your life. We don’t work nights and weekends and we don’t do unpaid overtime. Our office is in a very unique industrial space in Echo Park that we share with a structural engineering firm. This is an in-person role. Some remote work may be permitted as the candidate gets integrated, and assuming they have sufficient equipment at home. This position offers immense opportunity for growth within the practice.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and abreviated work samples to email@example.com. Max 5 MB.