A Senior Designer has working knowledge in all facets of the work and is expert in architecture. Support the Design Principal and communicate with the client, consultants, senior staff, and junior staff with an efficient and clear style. Handle the most complex projects of the largest magnitude and contribute to the culture of the studio with design references, technical resources, and strong leadership.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information as required by Shamshiri.
- Follow all Company Policies, and be on time to work, as scheduled.
- Meet with the immediate manager to review assignments, changes in projects, and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepare strategic plans for project success, including estimates of hours, work plans, and project schedules.
- Serve as primary contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, on budget, on design, and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Actively managing client budgets, schedules, project communications and documentation, studio administrative tasks, and project team assignments.
- Ensure communications are recorded, sent as minutes, and followed through on in a way that is clear and predictable to the whole project team.
- Initiate and create project designs and plans of all phases of one or more projects and has responsibility for preparing, overseeing and redlining of presentations, design and construction drawings.
- Lead or support design teams in areas of architectural design, construction phase administration including vendor and contractor communication, project budgets, and project schedules.
- Coordinate all consultants and agencies related to building design, including agency review and permitting.
- Coordinate with and manage internal staff with specialized skills.
- Understand and determine the scope of work. Reviews proposals and contracts to ensure obligations are met by all parties.
- Provide technical detailing expertise.
- May assist in providing oversight and direction of less experienced designers.
- Contribute to the development of the standards and procedures used by the studio.
- May assist in interviewing new hires.
- Participate in end of phase reviews and compiles feedback from the review.
- Share performance feedback about direct reports to the Director of Architecture.
- Record and produce timely and accurate timesheets weekly.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and management.
- 8 years minimum of professional experience demonstrating excellence in design and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- Proficient in the software used to create design and contract documents within the Senior Designer’s discipline. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent mentoring, project managing and delegating skills
- Display a strong work ethic and honesty and adhere to the Company’s Mission and Values, policies, and procedures.
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Displaying a good-natured, cooperative, and professional attitude.
- Understand and be sensitive to others’ needs, feelings, and reactions, and be helpful on the job.
- Remain positive and open to change (positive or negative) and react calmly and effectively in high stressed situations.
- Work cohesively with all levels of management, all departments, and co-workers as part of a team.
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Stands for extended periods of time; uses hands, fingers, arms, legs and moving the whole body, such as bending, lifting, balancing, etc.; occasional lifting (up to 20 lbs.); exposed to office environment conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to work independently, prioritize duties to ensure timely completion of job duties. Requires active listening, critical thinking, making decisions, and time management skills. Ability to interact in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.