KA|Koch Architects is currently hiring a Senior Designer/Architect to join our staff. Our team consists of a passionate group of visual thinkers who care deeply about creating well crafted, authentic modern projects. Each project is thoughtfully guided from an initial concept through all stages of design, development of documents and construction. Our 5-person office is located in West Berkeley, and the office culture is casual, friendly and collaborative while the work is rigorous in quality and detail.
Senior Designer/Architect candidates should have a minimum of five years experience in an architectural firm with at least two to three years of custom single-family residential experience. With a number of new compelling projects underway, we have an opportunity for candidates to further develop their skill sets and gain rich experiences, such as leading a small team through all stages of the design and delivery process. We are seeking candidates who possess the technical skills necessary to develop full construction document packages and perform construction administration services.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Project management from conception through construction administration
• Assisting with project correspondence, schedule, and budget
• Working with the Principal and team members to prepare 2D and 3D design documents (CAD, hand drawing, SketchUp modeling)
• Creating, editing, and managing construction drawing sets
• Code research (planning and building)
• Research and specify materials and systems with a focus on aesthetics and budget
• Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited architecture school
• 5-7 years of experience within an architecture firm, with at least 2-3 years of experience on residential projects
• Candidate possesses advanced communication skills (verbal, written and graphic) for client interaction and team leadership – ability to lead client presentations with ease.
• Candidate is self-motivated and able to work independently, with a team and the Principal
• Past experience coordinating work with consultants & contractors, including references who will speak to this ability
• Construction Administration experience on job sites
• Working knowledge of CBC (California Building Code)
• Skilled in use of CAD. Some knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe products is helpful
• Competitive Compensation based on experience
• PTO – Paid time off for use as vacation, sick leave and personal time off
• Paid holidays
• Health care plan
• 401K retirement plan with employer contribution
• Architecture licensure support – ARE
How to apply
Please email a single .pdf file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to email@example.com with “Senior Designer/Architect” in the subject
heading. Max. size of 7 Mb. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. We will respond to qualified candidates via e-mail.