Bestor Architecture’s Senior Designer is part of a collaborative team of architects and designers. This person will provide expertise in all phases of project development—schematic design through construction administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all project efforts to ensure effective project execution
- Provide design leadership and project management expertise with responsibility for client satisfaction and financial performance
- Effectively initiate concept design and schematic design packages, collaborating closely with the firm’s Principal
- Serve as client and consultant contact and in coordination with consultants, produce and/or oversee production of a full set of design and construction documents
- In collaboration with others, assist with establishing fees and project schedules and monitor them to ensure they are on time and on budget
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services
- Work closely with clients and consultants to preserve design intent through Design Documentation (DD), Construction Documentation (CD), and Construction Administration (CA) phases
- Lead and effectively implement QA/QC standards
- Visit construction sites to gather information, answer contractor questions and prepare punch list as required
- Contribute practical knowledge of building codes, building materials, and construction
- Conduct performance reviews and provide ongoing feedback to direct reports
- Provide informal feedback, mentorship, and guidance to designers and junior staff
- Professional degree in Architecture (B.Arch. or M.Arch.) from an accredited institution
- Licensure is preferred but not required
- 7 or more years of professional architectural experience working on residential projects is a must
- Experience working with city agencies
- Experience in scheduling/staff workflow
- Experience coordinating consultants and managing a design team
- Highly proficient in creating presentation materials using Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and execute obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- Motivated, independent, flexible, and cooperative problem solver with strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
- Extremely collaborative and reliable, and able to multi-task and prioritize as required
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Profit sharing plan (dependent upon profitability) and bonuses given for strong performance and contribution
- Weekly lunches provided
- Hybrid work schedule
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties or responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time.
Please email your CV, portfolio sample (no larger than 5 MB), and availability to email@example.com. Please indicate “Senior Designer” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.