MSA has been practicing architecture and design since 1976. We have an extensive history of creating inspiring, purpose-driven spaces and experiences. We value innovation, function, and excellent client relationships so much that they have become the hallmarks of our firm. Our services span retail, workplace interiors, hospitality, and specialty projects.
MSA is looking for a full-time Senior Designer to work on various design projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Our candidate will be a solutions-oriented professional, working with the Principals, architects, and the design team to lead the documentation process and project documents.
- Conceptual design, design development, and construction documentation of one or multiple projects and teams.
- Coordinate with the client, all clients’ consultants, and in-house team members.
- Resolve technical/design issues and guides team and consultants.
- Formulate design presentation strategies.
- Have extensive knowledge of current industry trends.
- Provide the leadership, management, and mentoring of the design team.
- Drive the conceptual design and design development for assigned projects and their clients.
- Develop overall project budgets. Review and produce final cost estimates.
- Collaborate with all Senior levels in Business Development activities as necessary.
- Participate in generating tools, ideas for methods, and processes to increase firm productivity.
- Communicate employee development of project designers and their teams to the Director of Design.
- Assist with staffing of projects and staffing projections.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment in performing duties.
- 7-15 years of planning and design experience on retail, hospitality, specialty, or workplace projects required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of design or architecture.
- Passion for design and business trends.
- Positive and collaborative work style.
- Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies.
- Strong leadership, management, and mentoring skills.
- Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with clients, consultants, and industry vendors.
- Excellent communication with solid presentation skills.
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles and building codes.
- Revit and AutoCAD skills required
- Experience with Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling and Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows environments.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
Compensation is based on relevant experience and qualifications. The salary for this role is estimated between $70,000 to $120,000 plus benefits and performance-based bonuses.
MSA Architecture & Design offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Benefit options for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Hybrid flexibility, 10 -12 paid holidays, and vacation time
- Employer matching 401(k) program