Summary: Coordinates and/or undertakes the design development, production and delivery of projects, as a member of the project design team or on own projects. Assignments require independent action and decision making as well as ability to supervise others.
* With preliminary direction from the project architect or project manager, analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
* With direction from the project designer or more senior design technician, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings according to established standards.
* Develops strong presentations and early design studies. Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
* Understands and translates design intent into technical documents.
* May lead a small team of more junior technicians in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems following established standards.
* Assists in client, consultant and contractor project information coordination.
* Assists team leader in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to QA/QC and HOK Best Practice Standards.
* Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project.
* Conducts product and code research and incorporation of codes into technical documents.
* Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews.
* May have regular interface with clients and consultants.
* May assist in work planning and scheduling processes.
* Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
* May assist team in construction administration document management.
* Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
* May participate in setting up project team software parameters and management of standards.
* Facilitates internal and external communications.
* Tracks all project data in electronic files.
* Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Strong knowledge of architectural building systems.
* Strong knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
* Strong knowledge of QA/QC process.
* Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
* Proficiency in Revit required.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
* Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as Sketchup, Rhino and Grasshopper preferred.
* Proficiency in Affinity software suite preferred.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Travel may be required.
* Overtime may be required.
* The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
Compensation is based on experience, qualifications, education and location. The typical salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree in architecture required.
* 3 plus years’ experience is required.
* LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.
Loreal Drucker: email@example.com