Workshop/APD is a collaborative group of creative problem solvers. We specialize in luxury single-family home design, hospitality, and high-end commercial development from Aspen to Nantucket, Chicago to the Bahamas, and New York to London. We actively leverage our experience to solve design challenges with innovative solutions. We embrace craft and the authenticity of materials we have a fascination with technology. Above all we have a commitment to modern design ideals.
We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Architectural Designer with 5-8 years’ previous experience. This position will develop and execute architectural design through all project phases of residential projects. The candidate will report to the studio leadership, and mentor intermediate and junior designers. Candidates should have high level modelling and rendering skills and must know Revit. The ideal candidate will have thorough architectural training, and although he/she/they does not need to be license Architect, registration is preferred.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Designing high end residential projects (single and multi-family) and other design projects
- Understanding clients’ needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs
- Developing and managing all phases of the design/documentation process
- Producing client presentations
- Developing, modeling and rendering design concepts
- Mentor and train junior project team members
- Professional Degree (B.Arch or M.Arch)
- Minimum of 5 years’ high-end architectural design experience (should be able to showcase finished/built work)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and all Adobe programs
- 3-D Modeling and Renderings skills in: 3D Studio Max Preferable
- Talented, self-motivated designer with great team skills
Workshop/APD offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, matched 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, education reimbursement program, performance bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, and personal days). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $110,000