Senior Architectural Designer
Come join Andrew Franz Architect! We are an award-winning and widely published NYC based architecture and design firm with projects ranging from residences to a variety of commercial and cultural facilities. The studio is currently hiring for a Senior Architectural Designer with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience to work with us in an intimate and collaborative environment.
Candidates should have a strong background in design, a great understanding of the construction process, and possess excellent communication skills. The Senior Architectural Designer will work on projects from inception to completion and must be self-driven, motivated, and able to work with confidence through every stage of project.
- BArch or MArch degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Strong design skills and a technical aptitude.
- Excellent organizational and client relationship skills.
- CD development experience and thorough knowledge of assembling CD, DOB and LPC sets.
- Proficiency in NYC Department of Buildings coordination, zoning and code familiarity.
- Excellent drafting skills and fluent in 3D rendering; Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS, SketchUp, 3DMax or Rhino.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation commensurate with a candidate’s experience and qualifications. AFA offers a wide range of employee benefits including health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and paid vacation and personal days.
AFA is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace who does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, or genetic information.
Applicants must reside in the New York City area. Applicants must be US residents or already possess valid working visa for 2 years, minimum.
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please send a cover letter about why you would like to work with us and why you think you would be a good addition to our team, along with a resume and a digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Senior Architectural Designer’ as the subject.