Float Studio is a tight knit but expanding office that values the individual growth and development of our designers alongside the overall success of the studio.
ROLE: The Senior Architectural Designer will lead the development of detailed construction documents on commercial interior projects across a range of scales and oversee construction administration. They must have strong drafting capabilities and excel at managing a team of designers.
APPLY IF: You think on your feet, are organized, and friendly. You work well under pressure and take initiative. You are a self-starter and don’t need constant instruction. You have an eye for detail and the ability to describe what you want. You are an expert at developing and overseeing the production of architectural drawings. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty. You are ready to take your skills to the next level and start working on some of the most exciting commercial projects.
- Manage all aspects of projects (from 5,000-20,000+ sq. ft.) under direction from partners
- Oversee production of detailed plans, elevations, sections and millwork for client presentations, bidding and construction
- Coordinate with consultants, including MEP, AV/IT, and lighting designers
- Develop and manage project timelines
- Manage project budget, tracking and updating continuously
- Manage design team
- Serve as liaison between building, client, and applicable NYC agencies such as the DOB
- Communicate project progress and updates to clients regularly
- 5+ Years of experience in commercial or residential design required
- B.Arch or M.Arch required. Preference for candidate licensed in New York State
- Comprehensive knowledge of architectural drawing standards and building codes
- Experienced with BIM software (Revit) and AutoCad or Vectorworks, 3D rendering programs (Enscape, Rhino, or other) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to stay organized between multiple projects
- Effective communicator between managers, clients, consultants, and vendors
- Experience managing project budgets
- Experience in construction administration and its related duties
- Ability to work within short deadlines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- A hybrid workweek with 3 in-office days and 2 days remote
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Office-wide events and trips
Please send work samples, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with the desired role as the subject line.