Shadow Architects is a New York City based architecture and design studio working on restaurant, retail, office and high-end residential projects. As the firm grows, we are looking to establish and fill the position of Senior Architect and Studio Manager to work alongside the firm principal, project managers, and junior staff.
Candidates should be passionate about architecture and construction, dedicated, personable and confident dealing with co-workers of varying experience levels. Responsibilities will include technical review and red-lining of project documentation, code research, building and city filings, assistance with office administration and publicity, occasional project construction administration, and general office support. Day-to-day, this is not expected to be a client facing position.
Our Flatiron based studio has a tight-knit team of designers, a casual but focused work environment, and offers a competitive salary / benefits package.
- Must have min. 8 years post education work experience with at least half that time working for a NYC based architecture or interior design firm. Please do not apply if otherwise.
- Salary range $90K to $110K annual, commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
- BArch or MArch degree is required as well as wide knowledge of NYC construction, building codes, and, ideally, NYC Building Department filing protocols.
- Excellent technical, organization, and communications skills required. Attention to detail is a must.
- The office is Mac-based and knowledge of Vectorworks is a plus.
- Must have desire to be involved and support project managers and principal with all aspects of a project, from initial site investigation through construction, as well as the day-to-day operations of a small design firm.
- Must be an U.S. Resident or be authorized for work in the U.S. and based in NYC, for in-office engagement.
If you meet these qualifications, please send your resumé, cover letter, and construction document or project work samples with the subject “Senior Architect / Studio Manager” to info@ShadowArchitects.com