CHECKSET is seeking a Technical Architect with a strong understanding of building systems & discipline coordination.
Candidates must have an understanding and interest in how to interpret and evaluate structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, civil, and landscape scope within the context of a properly coordinated set of construction documents. This position requires excellent communication, time management, technical knowledge, and a comprehensive understanding of overall building systems, assemblies, and construction sequences.
As part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to perform a paid 8 HR trial review as an independent contractor to help evaluate technical knowledge.
Apply Here: https://www.checkset.com/job-p…
$100,000 per annum
- 15 Days Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 100% Covered Private Health Insurance OR
- Health Insurance Stipend (based on location)
- 401k Savings Plan with employer match
- Flexible Schedule
- 100% Remote (long-term)
- Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive review of architectural drawings for all project phases, including schematics, design development and construction documents.
- Thoroughly interpret & coordinate consultant scope including civil, landscape, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, lighting, interior design and more. Identify conflicts between disciplines and highlight documentation gaps that require further coordination.
- Actively ensure the project deliverables across all consultant drawing packages are coordinated, integrated, and support the design intent and performance goals of the project.
- Have the ability to provide guidance on unusual or complex issues.
- Conduct quality control review of your own reviews as well as reviewing and commenting on the feedback provided by other experts.
- Ensure the proper application of architectural standards, quality controls, guidelines and details.
- Perform work requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Contribute to establishing and advancing best practices for technical review and documentation for the team on a national level.
- Ability to review project specifications to ensure they are coordinated with the drawing package for both clarity and completeness.
- Architectural Registration preferred.
- Professional Degree in Architecture preferred.
- 10 minimum years of experience in architectural practice or construction.
- Excellent communication and management skills. Ability to work collaboratively with staff members and clients.
- Demonstrated experience in construction document preparation, bid review, construction administration and field observation.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter with a passion for mentoring and teaching.
- Bluebeam Revu experience required.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, standards, and regulations.
- Extensive experience in Construction Administration, knowledge of construction, and construction types and systems (including roofing/waterproofing, exterior enclosures, and primary building systems).