J.L. Ramirez Architects is a full service architectural firm providing design services for clients in New York, New Jersey and across the country. The firm specializes in high-end residential design and often works closely with our in house interior design staff to carry out projects from conception to reality. We create fine quality design, inspired by the best of traditional architecture while integrating contemporary design and amenities.
The applicant will be responsible for overseeing design and project management. This position requires creativity, attention to detail, organization, and follow through. Candidate should be comfortable with all phases of design and construction. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing all phases of multiple projects from schematic design through construction administration
- Produce construction documents and details using AutoCAD
- Attend client meetings and site meetings
- Coordinate with consultants and contractors
- Ensure code compliance and requirements
- Material review and selection
- Shop drawing review
- Degree in Architecture
- 8+ years architectural experience (preferably in high end/single family residences)
- Experience with NYC building code, NYC Zoning Resolution and DOB filing
- NYS Licensure (preferred, not required)
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in AutoCAD, including construction detailing
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (preferred, not required)
- Experience in Interior Design detailing is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
We provide Medical Insurance, paid vacation, sick leave.
We provide 401k, FSA, Commuter benefits (after 1 year employment)
Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Architect” in the subject line. Please attach documents in PDF format only (5mb max)