OMA’s New York office is looking for a Senior Architect with extensive experience working on building projects in New York City. The successful candidate will be a licensed architect with an interest and aptitude for working in the construction documentation, construction administration and project delivery phases of large-scale, complex building projects.
- Professional Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction
- License to practice architecture in the USA (NCARB registration a plus)
- Fundamental understanding of the design process and the ability to translate complex architectural designs into great buildings
- 10+ years’ experience working on construction documentation and administration phases, ideally in international architecture offices
- Experience in (technical) detailing, project related (special) material research, and complex problem solving on all scales
- Experience presenting to and coordinating with the Planning Authorities in the interest of obtaining Approvals and Permits associated with new-build and redevelopment projects
- Experience working in cultural (preferably museum) projects
- Able to deliver on time and within budget
- Exceptionally skilled at problem solving and design work, with the ability to handle issues that come up on site independently
- Ability to liaise with consultants and contractors to assess design solutions and guarantee the integrity of the final design
- Proficiency working on Revit/ BIM projects
- Strong AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills
- Pro-active leader, with good communication skills and team spirit
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of OMA’s work
The recruitment selection starts immediately, and only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (max. 30 pages) in PDF format.
OMA values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Please apply through the link attached.