Elemental Architecture is an award-winning multidisciplinary practice and seeks Senior Architects with strong design and project management experience for involvement in all phases of design, project administration, and documentation for a range of program types – single/multifamily residential, universities, hospitality – and project typologies including new construction, major building renovations, and interiors.
Applicants must possess the following:
- 15+ years of architectural project experience minimum; NYS licensure preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of NYC & NYS Building Codes, construction techniques & detailing, working knowledge of related engineering disciplines, and project administration practices.
- Be highly organized & detail-oriented with experience leading teams and mentoring junior staff
- Superior analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to proactively & effectively lead a project team
- Strong REVIT & AutoCAD skills, Adobe Suite, and project management software (e.g. MS Project)
- Strong, Modernist design skills and sensibilities
- Management of simultaneous projects of varying scales and typologies and be capable of leading projects through all phases of their development.
- Review project contracts to identify deliverables, schedules, and project limitations;
- Work with Principals in developing/determining project schedules, staffing needs, and financial projections relative to staffing to complete projects on budget.
- Researches/implements all applicable regulatory requirements for projects
- Manages the preparation of contract documents and all required filings and submissions to regulatory agencies
Applicants must reside in the New York City metro area and have legal authorization to work in the US.
We offer a hybrid remote-work schedule and multiple benefits and are conveniently located near Penn Station.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, portfolio, and construction document samples to firstname.lastname@example.org – no attachments greater than 10MB will be accepted. E-mail subject line should state “Senior Architect 2023”.
Salary range is $100-140,000, commensurate on experience & credentials. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to each applicant. Kindly refrain from follow-up calls or e-mails.