We are looking for an experienced Architect with a sophisticated design eye and strong project management experience to join our team and lead new single family residential projects. If you have strong 3D modeling skills, can successfully manage a project from conception through construction and live in the NYC area, we want to hear from you.
JVA is an award-winning architecture firm in the heart of Chelsea. We have focused solely on high-end, custom residential work for the last 30 years, including townhouse and large apartment gut renovations, rooftop additions and new, ground up townhouses. Our current projects include 2 townhouse gut renovations in the West Village, gut renovation of a 7,400 sf triplex in Tribeca, and others.
We are a small and tight knit group of creative problem solvers with a taste for well-crafted design and work in a collaborative team environment, pushing boundaries until a project is the best it can be. As a small team, this is a unique opportunity to lead your own projects and manage them from concept through completion.
- Lead your own projects under the direction of the principal and with the support of the team.
- Generate designs and presentations.
- Produce construction drawings and details.
- Ensure compliance of buildings codes and industry standards.
- Manage schedules and coordination of clients, contractors, expeditors, consultants, city agencies and vendors.
- Execute construction administration including review of shop drawings and submittals.
- 8+ years experience.
- This is a leadership position- you can take a project from concept through construction, and you are a critical thinker, problem solver, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Experience with NYC residential projects and all phases of architecture
- High level of proficiency with 3D modeling or BIM software, Revit, SketchUp or Archicad, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Track record of successfully managing 2 or more projects at a time
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, zoning and LPC
- Strong conceptual, design and detailing skills
This is a full time salaried position with health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. Please do not respond if you are seeking remote, part time or freelance work.
Salary range is $100,000 – $135,000 and is commensurate with experience and skill set.
Please submit one pdf document that includes a personalized cover letter with why you think JVA is a good fit for you, your salary requirement, resume, and work samples including 3D models you have executed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your interest in JVA!