Bestor Architecture is looking for a Senior Architect who is design-focused and possesses strong technical skills. We are looking for an experienced architect who has prior experience managing teams at all phases of the design process from concept through construction.
Applicants should have the ability to translate design concepts into reality while simultaneously managing project workflows. The ideal candidate for this position is highly motivated and possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO (aka Duties and Responsibilities)
- Coordinate all project efforts to ensure effective project execution
- Provide design leadership and project management expertise with responsibility for client satisfaction and financial performance
- Effectively initiate concept design and schematic design packages, collaborating closely with the firm’s Principal
- Serve as client and consultant contact and in coordination with consultants, produce and/or oversee the production of a full set of design drawings
- In collaboration with others, assist with establishing fees and project schedules and monitor them to ensure they are on time and on budget
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services
- Work closely with clients and consultants to preserve design intent through Design Documentation (DD), Construction Documentation (CD), and Construction Administration (CA) phases
- Lead and effectively implement QA/QC standards
- Visit construction sites for regular field observation and to perform typical Construction Administration tasks
- Contribute practical knowledge of building codes, building materials, and construction knowledge
- Conduct performance reviews and provide ongoing feedback to direct reports
- Provide informal feedback, mentorship, and guidance to designers and junior staff
WHAT YOU’LL BRING/WHO YOU ARE (aka Qualifications)
- Professional degree in Architecture (B.Arch. or M.Arch.) from an accredited institution
- Licensure is preferred but not required
- 5 to 10 years of professional architectural experience
- Experience working with city agencies
- Experience in scheduling/staff workflow
- Experience coordinating consultants and managing a design team
- Highly proficient in creating presentation materials using Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and execute obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- Motivated, independent, flexible, and cooperative problem solver with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
- Extremely collaborative and reliable, and able to multi-task and prioritize as required
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Please email your CV, portfolio sample, and availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Senior Architect” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.