If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person’s ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
How Will Your Days Be Spent
- This position will work on programming and planning parameters including lab functional models, lab staffing, departmental relationships and detailed lab design.
- Participate in client and user group interviews for needs assessment and implement lab planning documentation. Understand lab equipment and its impact on research spaces.
- Work with team members and consultants, programming projects, conducting site visits, and all necessary communications and documentation needed to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Work directly with multi-disciplinary teams and deliver projects on schedule and within budget.
- Participate in client presentations and project meetings.
What You Bring to this Role
- Minimum of three years of recent science planning experience with a focus in laboratory facilities for higher education, vivariums, pharmaceutical, government or process planning required.
- Knowledge of codes, standards and guidelines as related to labs, individual municipalities, State, IBC, ADA, ANSI, NFPA, NSF, cGMP and cGLP preferred.
- Revit proficiency required.
- AutoCAD preferred.
- Associates degree in architecture, engineering, planning or related field required; architectural degree preferred.
- Professional registration preferred.
- Sustainability accreditation preferred.
Flad offers a wide range of benefits including:
- hybrid work environment
- health, dental and vision insurance
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- financial health and wellness benefits – retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration and organization reimbursement
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 608-238-2661 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.