HUXHUX Design Inc. is seeking an experienced Retail Designer with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in all phases of architectural and interior services. You must have a keen interest in exceptional retail design. You will work with the project team to execute design for various projects. This individual must possess extensive experience either working directly for specific brands on their spatial/environments design teams, or working professionally with a solid portfolio of actualized retail projects.
As Retail Designer, you will be responsible for managing projects and producing work output for all phases of a design project. Outputs will include design visualization for client presentations, working drawings, construction details, millwork details and specifications. You must also be competent in managing project budgets, producing POs for interior purchases, and maintaining a high level of organization in your documentation for both internal and client-facing purposes. You must also be comfortable engaging with a wide range of creative research and development for branding, graphic design, and strategic consulting with our clients. You must be able to manage the project during all phases of the work under the direction of the Principal. Experience with high-end, retail, workplace, corporate and hospitality interiors is key. There will be some crossover into corporate design as we work in this capacity with many brands for which we design retail experiences and spaces.
- Enthusiasm for working in a boutique design firm where you are involved with all team members at every stage of a given project.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design. If your degree affords you eligibility to pursue NCIDQ / AIA / LEED certifications, we expect you are actively pursuing those certifications and will support your efforts with testing reimbursement upon successful completion once you’ve joined our team.
- 4-year minimum of related experience in design of commercial projects.
- Must possess strong technical skills and abilities
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and Google Business Suite programs…no exceptions.
- Must be proficient and confident in executing drawing sets for projects from SD to DD to CD, and be able to coordinate with other architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Excellent 3D Modeling & rendering skills a must
- Must possess a vast knowledge of and affinity for materials, products and product resources for interior applications
- Interest in Inclusive Retail Design is a must.
- Experience and familiarity with visual merchandising and design thereof is a must.
- Experience designing fixtures, producing capacity studies, interactive features is a must.
- Familiarity with NYC based vendors and fabricators is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English- spoken and written
- Must have strong organizational skills, the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget own time
- Willingness to take on constructive guidance in response to direction from principal
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
This position is full-time employee, 5 day/week commitment to working solely for HUXHUX Design Inc.
If you do not meet the requirements, please refrain from applying for this position. We will most likely be hiring more junior designers this coming Spring.
Compensation: $75K – $80K (Depends on experience). Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and 401K plan.
Send resume, salary requirements, and portfolio via email to: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: make sure you put “Retail Designer” into subject of your email.