Executing project work plans, producing project documents, ensuring QAQC on all deliverables, and managing consultants are the key accountabilities of this role.
In other words, a successful designer will create thorough drawings and stunning deliverables; they will lift the burden off the shoulders of their supervisor; and they will be responsible for identifying new ways to improve the tools and processes used to create deliverables.
The position requires a thorough understanding and appreciation for the life of a project and resource allocation, as well as an ability to coordinate and consolidate consultants and details.
Essential job functions:
• As a Designer, an individual shall:
• Execute project work plans in accordance with fee, schedule, and man hour constraints designated by management
• Produce project documents required for a complete set of Instruments of Service
• Ensure project compliance
• Demonstrate mastery of code compliance
• Manage the scope of work, and develop optimal relationships with external vendors and consultants • Support Principal
Knowledge skills and abilities:
• A wide range of experience in high-end, single family, at all phases of design and construction.
• The ability to visually communicate design through drawings, diagrams, and details with expertise and precision.
• Deep working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Microsoft Office
• +3-5 years of professional experience.
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in architecture
• Experience with the full project lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Strong leadership and self- motivation
• Strong sense of urgency for meeting weekly deadlines
• Highly skilled technically
• Experience with putting together a drawing set.
• Punctual & organized
• Knowledge of California Residential Building Codes
How to Apply:
Please submit resume, cover letter, and a portfolio samples in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org