Haworth Tompkins is hiring a receptionist to join its team in London.
Haworth Tompkins is an award winning, design led architecture studio working across a variety of scales and sectors including housing, education, theatre, arts and heritage. We are looking for an organised receptionist to greet clients and visitors and support with the day to day running of our studio in Old Street. The role is full time and office based.
Front of house duties:
- greet visitors
- answer all incoming phone calls
- organise refreshments for visitors as well as breakfast and lunch for meetings where required
- manage meeting room bookings
- open, scan and distribute incoming post
- organise outgoing post and create postage labels
- keep communal areas and meeting rooms clean and tidy
- run and empty the dishwasher twice a day and tidy the kitchen after lunch
order weekly groceries
- order stationary, office equipment and model making materials and keep track of office supplies
- manage studio printer and binding supplies
- organise magazine boxes and current issues
- water plants in the studio
- process purchases, raise ePay cards, purchase orders
- book couriers, taxis, train tickets, restaurant reservations and accommodation for staff
- create and log purchase orders on the order book
- help organise CPDs and file attendance records
- general administration: support for all members of staff including research tasks, document management and binding of project reports
- cover studio coordinator duties when studio coordinator on leave
- support studio coordinator and studio manager
- carry out fire marshal duties
Haworth Tompkins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are particularly interested in applicants from underrepresented groups including women, those from a BAME background, with disabilities or of the LGBT-plus community. We seek to support flexible working arrangements to suit family commitments.
Please only apply via the apply for job button below.
Please state your availability and insert the position you are applying for, as it appears above, in the subject heading in your cover email.
Applications can be addressed to Caroline McTurk.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20 October 2023.
Candidates who apply after the closing date may not be considered for the position.
Regrettably due to the expected volume of replies, we can only contact shortlisted applicants.